New to forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJOriginals

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum having just found it I was hoping to get into contact with like minded scrollers as it's time I think to get some contacts going in the uk I'm sure we can benefit for each other's experience anyone interested

Martyn
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 499
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 501
Nice bee.
Not sure what you mean about getting contacts going.
Many members on here are far and wide in the uk. Hard to meet up when so far away.

I’m sure you will enjoy the forum. Plenty of helpful people on here with a nice attitude as well.
It would be great if there was a local club to go to but I’ve never heard of one in my area.

Andy

Hi Andy

I was just meaning as you put it to keep in contact with people on the forum, but if there were groups that meet on occasions it would be good to meet up with people I go quite regularly to timber and craft stuff suppliers open days and have yet to meet another serious scroller . I know from looking that everyone here seems to be fairly spread out.

anyway I am going to keep trying to post news etc that i come across onto this forum, I was looking at Lumberjocks for a bit there are good ideas on it but it is very USA oriented, although i did swap some plan stuff with a guy in australia, as yet havent got around to finishing that stuff.

anyway thanks for taking the time to reply

Martyn

Welcome to the Forum Martyn. As others have already said, you'll find a bunch of very enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and helpful people here.

BTW, although your interest is scrolling, don't forget the other sections here, as there are often posts that crop of that would also interest scrollers. And there's always the "General/Off Topic section which contains all sorts of "junk", including jokes sometimes - always worth a smirk at least, if not a down right belly laugh sometimes!

Where is Polmont please? Forgive my ignorance, but can you please start with which country? :D

I also echo the above posts about place/location. There are meet ups arranged very much "now and then" (there's just been one, a visit to Axminster Tools), but they're a rarity as the Forum has members spread all over the UK, not to mention people in "mainland Europe" (e.g. France, Germany, Holland, plus myself in Switzerland for example) plus a few from the US and Australia too.

Anyway, welcome, and nice looking work BTW.

Hi AES

Thanks for the welcome, Polmont is in the Central Valley of Scotland half way between Edinburgh and Glasgow

I will be looking through some of the other sections as I get time as I also do some carving and restoration works

Looking forward to more discussions

Martyn

Hi Martyn,
I,m in Leith if your ever coming over this way gimme a shout
droogs

Latest posts

Back