New Saw - Bosch GTS 10 XC, DeWalt DWE7491, Metabo TS 254

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Myth, Dado blades are not illegal in the UK, but they must be used with a purpose designed overhead guard, please look on the HSE web site.

I have made a cross cut sled for this. Weird how the grooves are totally different sizes, and annoying. I followed the William NG one. Was thinking of other things like a proper sliding attachment etc.

Someone on here did get a dadoe stack to fit.

Cheers for the reply

HI.
I can fit a 6" dado to my cordless table saw, but can't find a supplier in the uk they seem to all come from across the water.
anyone help?

There is a company in Poland that sell thick tooth blades with a normal size body, can't think of them at the moment will look it up and post later.

dangerous information be sure to read and understand especially when it comes to kerf versus riving knife and plate thickness and fence run out

Mutley Racers.

Here you go: http://www.pilana.com/en/grooving-tct-c ... saw-blades, don't use a Dado stack myself as I have my Router table set up to do this, much safer and easier IMO.

Meathead

A Dado blade does not cut all the way through the stock so the main reason for a riving knife is not there, using something like the JessEmm stock guides would be a good idea though as they hold the stock into the fence.

Mike

Thanks for your reply
I understand the principals of a dado stack , but a oversized blade is something different i guess
I myself use a router and sometimes a trenching facility on my mitre saw also
apparently there is a high level of accidents using them in the states, and to be changing blades shims when you you can have a router on standby just defeats the object
hey but I;m only here to learn
so thank you all for your help

Back