New Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbartlett99

Established Member
Reaction score
I know we've had a spate of dust questions lately but, well, needs must you know - and this a little bit different, honest.

I'd gotten by for the last few years with my trusty little Record DX1000 which although noisy as hell coped well and did a pretty good job with the fine stuff too. Its too small though for my uprated gear though especially the 310mm pt and the drum is a bit pokey for serious stuff.

Soooo, after ages of research had settled on this bad boy

CT-50RCK.jpg

Compact, fine filtration and a theoretical 912 cbm per hour. It will be connected up to a ducted system probably of approx 8m of 100mm galv. Really had decided on this but a few of the reviews on axminster site were less than great.

Then thought, well a drum sander would be pretty handy and indecision washed across me again (as usual). Maybe this would be better.

Jet.jpg

Much larger footprint but has the cyclone to save the filter, good airflow and fine filtration (http://www.axminster.co.uk/machinery/du ... extractors). In my research it seems the US and europe measure flow differently and this unit on a like for like sucks 2k cbm ph. So I decided to suck (!) the cost and size difference and go with this.

BUT while looking for a new bandsaw stumbled on this - http://genisismachinery.com/range/item/sf-001/

Genisis.jpg

Cheaper and still got the filtration/flow.

Si I guess does anyone have experience with any of these units?

Attachments

• CT-50RCK.jpg
    CT-50RCK.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Jet.jpg
    Jet.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Genisis.jpg
    Genisis.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,257
I have the Record version of the last one, with cartridge filter or bag depending on the machine I've got it connected to. It's a breath of fresh air (pun intended) compared to the old Vax and home made cyclone/drop box set up I've used for the last few years.
I got the Record mostly to deal with the planer/thicknesser because it was taking me longer to tidy up than it was to do the job but I find it so efficient I'm going to set up a permanent system for it round the workshop and keep the vax for general use.

What I don't like about the CT-50RCK is that all the debris passes through the filter, not a good idea IMO.

Mike

Know what you mean and a few of the complaints on the Axminster site related to poor airflow - happen they're related. Still, nice and compact and I'm vaguely tempted. Had hoped an owner might pipe up.

I have the FM300BC : http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ho ... eal-717658 and could not be happier, the Kity PT I have is known for its bad chip extraction, but the FM300BC clears it without a problem, the way things are arranged internally the detritus has a cyclone action when entering the bag/filter area and looking at the striated layers in the bag gives me faith in the cyclone effect, also used on my TS and Router Table to excellent effect.

Mike

The one thing I have bad to say about the FM300BC is the stupid placement of the NVR switch, its on top of the motor about 500mm off the ground, looks like the Charnwood is the same. (hammer)

Mike

MikeJhn":3qh5huxo said:
The one thing I have bad to say about the FM300BC is the stupid placement of the NVR switch, its on top of the motor about 500mm off the ground, looks like the Charnwood is the same. (hammer)

Mike

Agree, mine is the same and it's a pain particularly when I have to go around the saw to get to it. Thinking about bypassing the nvr and using a remote control switch. Unlike a saw, I don't see any safety issue with removing nvr.

Graham.

I do use a remote on it to get over the problem, the only problem is the mass of the saw means I still have to walk around it to activate the remote, think I will instal some high level sockets. #-o

mike

I've just bought a Fox F50-842

Filtration is not as good as above but you can change the filter bag with a better filter.

2hp gives you plenty of suck. There's also a 3hp model with two bags.

I have replaced the on/off switch with a standard switch to be able to use a remote control as it lives outside the shed.

https://www.poolewood.co.uk/product/fox ... r-f50-842/

Back