Morrells paints

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy_7

Full time tool collector, part time woodworker
Reaction score
I ordered some Morrells paints earlier this week for my kitchen - first time customer. I ordered over the phone as the depot is quite a drive. Unfortunately in amongst all my queries, there seems to have been a bit of confusion and the products sent aren't what I thought I ordered. I thought I'd ordered some 362 pigmented colour matched lacquer and 641 primer, but instead I've received 8/520684B colour matched waterborne colour and 8005/501B primer. I think the colour match is still right, so can anyone offer advice on whether I should persevere and apply these products or whether the longevity will be poor in comparison? I don't really want to go to the trouble of applying the finish to then have it wear out quickly, particularly as the cabinets will be face frame so not very easy to re-spray once installed.

Morrells are famous for excellent and free technical support by phone or email.

The internet on the other hand is famous for crackpots who are long on opinions but short on experience.

I know where I would go for advice!

Thanks Custard. I've sent them an enquiry by e-mail (to the generic technical query address, there doesn't seem to be branch-specific e-mail addresses listed on the site). I seem to struggle with communication by telephone for some reason, I've never really got on with verbal communication so well. Just thought I would also put the feelers out here as I've always found some really good advice on this site from helpful people, in amongst our fair share of crackpots!

I may be wrong....
But I think 362 is the clear lacquer and the code you have got is for the pigmented lacquer (looks like 20-30% gloss from that number)
And I think the 501 primer goes with that line of lacquer.
Hope that puts you mind at ease!

That's what I'm hoping - the product datasheet from Morrells describes it as a pigmented lacquer, while the 362 datasheet makes no mention of pigment anywhere. It just seems a bit odd, as everyone I've seen mention it here refers to the pigmented lacquer as 362 also. Hopefully my query to Morrells technical department will put my mind at ease.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Had a call back before 10AM this morning after making an online enquiry over the weekend, apparently the 362 is clear only and the product they have supplied is the pigmented lacquer which should have equivalent longevity. The 501 primer is similar in performance to the 641, but it is compatible with both solvent and waterborne finishes. Can't argue with that for service, very impressed.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back