Morrells colour matched pigmented lacquer - wrong shade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy_7

Full time tool collector, part time woodworker
Reaction score
I ordered in some water based pigmented lacquer from Morrells; instructions were to mix to another manufacturer's shade which they said they could do. I've done a test panel this evening and it's definitely off - I was expecting a cream/ivory colour but it's got a darker more biscuity hue. Has anyone got any experience of addressing this issue - I presume as it's colour match to an extent I would be expected to lump it rather than ask for another tin to be made? Can a mix be corrected by adding in colour or base, in this case I presume I would need to get hold of and add in some of the base white?

No harm in calling Morrells and asking for advice.

If they were supposed to match the colour to another manufacturer's colour scheme and the shade is wrong that's their fault. I wouldn't risk trying to correct the paint yourself and ending up with a useless tin of paint because it didn't mix right.

as long as he has the agreement to match the colour in writing, they have not fulfilled their contract. simple.

Back