Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By worn thumbs
A bit earlier today I posted a reply to a thread and it hasn't appeared.I also posted a new thread in the general discussion thread and it hasn't appeared.I run no-script in my browser and only allow essential sites to run scripts-is there a connection?Do I have to permit facebook.com and googlesyndication as well as google-analytics.com for stuff to appear?
By nev
No script etc is over my head so it may be possible thats the answer, but it is not unknown for posts to mysteriously disappear into the ether upon posting (which is why if its a long post its worth copying the text before clicking submit).

Some more info may help...

a) Did the successful post dialog appear when the guilty parties disappeared?
b) How did this post appear?
c) did anything change between your last successful post prior to this one and the missing posts? any updates etc?
which browser/ OS are you using?
By worn thumbs
Using Linux Mint 18.1,with Firefox ESR 52.5.2 as a browser.I feel inclined to believe that they may well have been among those posts that just disappeared as they were never visible.Initially I wondered whether the site as a whole was buffering all posts until the moderating team had cleared them as not being spam.I will try again and keep a close eye on future posts.
By nev
There is no buffering and the spam filter is generally Chas :)
By sunnybob
I had a few vanish last year. I use a bog standard laptop running vista. Even a couple where I had started the thread.

I came to the conclusion, after a bit of trial and error that after clicking "submit", I was not waiting to actually see the post appear, but moving onto another subject as soon as I saw the "successful post" page.
Since then I have always waited to re-read my post, and none have vanished.
By RogerP
sunnybob wrote:I had a few vanish last year. I use a bog standard laptop running vista. Even a couple where I had started the thread.

I came to the conclusion, after a bit of trial and error that after clicking "submit", I was not waiting to actually see the post appear, but moving onto another subject as soon as I saw the "successful post" page.
Since then I have always waited to re-read my post, and none have vanished.
I too always wait to read my post because I'm good at making mistakes I only spot after submitting :) Nothing has ever vanished.