Milling Vise value. Help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
I have what I assume to be milling vise that came with my Meddings drill. I think it weighs more than the Meddings. Seriously.
You look at it before picking it up and thinks 'that's gonna be a lump' then you pick it up and it's like trying to pick up a feckin' Black Hole and your body makes that involuntary surprised Hnnnnkwhaaadafuqsgoingonhere!? noise, I'm fairly sure it's made of anti-matter. I had to give up smoking to move the bloomin' thing out of the way all the time. 8 months now so that was an unexpected benefit of buying a pillar drill. What can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After a year odd doing the extension on the house I'm waging a war of attrition with the shed. Burning villages, poisoning waterholes, assassinating the literati. It's been a dumping ground for too long and I'm having a break from the eternal house renovations and I've set the scene for a winter of shed time. I'm stalling the WiseOne. 'I need bench room to cut all the skirting/ architrave an' all that' I say loudly. She knows. She's not daft. Spent last weekend clearing and burning local townships.
I've had enough. I'm after some shed time, doing some wood stuff. First stop is finishing The Worlds Longest Bench Build.

In the meantime.

Anyone know how much this is worth?
I looked online and USA prices are like 'Luxury Liner' .
Uk prices vary more between Bullseye prizes of £20 in a pint glass to a Bully's speeeeeeeciaaaaal priiiiize! ........Speeedboat'

No handle. :| For scale it's nigh on 2 foot long.

AL30KER.jpg

Any ideas? Any help appreciated as always.

They're worth a hell of a lot less than what people want for them, I've seen some on eBay that have been on for a very long time unsold in similar condition for about £150. Realistically you'd be looking for around £60-100 depending on how much use it's had and if some machine monkey decided to drive the mill into it for fun.

As you say, they are extraordinarily heavy for anything less than a milling machine or a radial arm drill where you can move the table or head around the vice rather than move the vice around the table. I would be tempted to take it off your hands but it would probably kill me before I'm 30 if I had to shift it around on and off the drill, Think I'll stick to the Record vice for now!

Cheers Bud.
Much appreciated. I'm not greedy but if I can get lower end of 60 I've got mostly half the money back on the original outlay on the drill which would be a huge bonus over an anti-gravity doorstop.
:wink:

Back