Metal Lathe price help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callum Bustin

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have this Myford metal lathe to sell for my grandad. I have no clue what it’s worth and I want to get a good price for him.

I don’t know if it works so if you guys could give me a rough price for working and not working?

Thanks!

Photos attached

Attachments

• 81ECB9CF-13D0-41EB-A936-E5C39CA00FF3.jpeg
    81ECB9CF-13D0-41EB-A936-E5C39CA00FF3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 543
  • E175E32D-B5B6-41F8-8B1C-E22CE59D141E.jpeg
    E175E32D-B5B6-41F8-8B1C-E22CE59D141E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 543
Looks pretty rough and while I am sure it works, it is far from a complete lathe, most likely cobbled from parts of an ML7 and I see Super 7 parts as well.
Lacking a belt cover for safety and the clutch which is part of what makes the Super7 such a lovely lathe to use for long periods.

You might get a couple of hundred for it assuming it does actually work and isn't worn out.

Rorschach":2ezqpe6u said:
most likely cobbled from parts of an ML7 and I see Super 7 parts as well.

It looks a lot more Super 7 than ML7 to me. The headstock, tailstock, cross slide and topside are all S7. That just leaves the bed, which I think was common to both models for a number of years.

DTR":1k6z3qqq said:
Rorschach":1k6z3qqq said:
most likely cobbled from parts of an ML7 and I see Super 7 parts as well.

It looks a lot more Super 7 than ML7 to me. The headstock, tailstock, cross slide and topside are all S7. That just leaves the bed, which I think was common to both models for a number of years.

I think you are right there, I was looking at a small image and couldn't see the slides very well. Tailstock looks to be missing the quill lock as well.

Back