Metabo KGS 254 M Or makita LS0815FL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Co1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first post so be gentle! In the market for a new Mitre Saw and have it down to these 2. Any opinions on them, where would you put your money? Will be used for all sorts of general work, need to be able to trench cut which they both do and need to be reasonable accurate (happy andjusting to get this right if not perfect out the box).

Cheers
Col

Co1":200ptnq0 said:
Hi all, first post so be gentle! In the market for a new Mitre Saw and have it down to these 2. Any opinions on them, where would you put your money? Will be used for all sorts of general work, need to be able to trench cut which they both do and need to be reasonable accurate (happy andjusting to get this right if not perfect out the box).

Cheers
Col
Probably the most asked question on the forum I think. I would do a search for those models.

I know a slider is the way most people go, but for repeatability in a workshop I switched to a non-sliding model with a larger blade.

I have the Metabo KS305 - quality is excellent.

The trenching feature on the sliders isn't really for fine woodworking. Probably more suited to construction site work levels of accuracy.

I have a Makita LS1018 although an earlier model, if the newer modal has the same amount of adjustment as the earlier model its a very good piece of kit, adjustable to get very accurate mitres straight off the saw, good enough for picture frames, had it for about seven years and it has never gone out of the adjustments I did to it, its a double mitre with set positions to cut coves flat on the bed as well.

Mike

First impressions are it looks well made, but wasn’t cutting square out of the box and setting up the fence was a pain in the buttocks to say the least! Now need to check the compound is accurate but thatcan wait until tomorrow.

Back