Merry Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
To all, from Switzerland

DSC02692-C.JPG

AES

Attachments

• DSC02692-C.JPG
    DSC02692-C.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 537
And to you, sir.

Just this morning we have had a pair of males dogfighting all round our tiny urban garden, all over the one nestbox they seem to like. And our solitary wren has taken an interest, and the resident robin has chased all of them.

We've gone weeks with hardly any small birds at all - seed uneaten and only our robin and very occasionally a house sparrow. Now it's suddenly a Battle of Britain re-enactment (and a housing crisis). They've even nested successfully in the other box before. I have no idea why they've suddenly gone right off it now.

But is is really fun to see them all. Oh and we have this, open in time for Christmas morning...
2017-12-24 10.45.09.jpg

It's the second year this one will have had six flowers on one stalk. I have six out of seven plants flowering, two for the first time. Really chuffed.

Really happy and peaceful Christmas to all.

E.

Attachments

• 2017-12-24 10.45.09.jpg
    2017-12-24 10.45.09.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 522
Thanks EtV. I must confess that my picture was taken a while ago. "Down here" (on the "lowlands" - 400 M asl) we've had a couple of quite heavy snow falls, but within a day or two of each fall it's either rained quite heavily or we've had bright sun shine (high pressure). In fact the forecast yesterday evening said you have to go above 2,000 M asl before you get zero degrees.

So here right now, we have a green/brown Christmas to look forward to, 7 degrees C, and the pressure yesterday evening was 1035 millibars (or whatever new Metric units they use now - something about two "strange" Frenchmen called Hector and Pascal)!

Like you the little birds have been largely absent but are back again now (I wonder what's happening there?) but due to our throughly bug-infested willow, this bloke (below) is a regular visitor.

Buntspecht-C.jpg

As said, Merry Christmas and Happy & Healthy New Year to all, and thanks for making this Forum my No. 1 net visit for "infotainment".

AES

Attachments

• Buntspecht-C.jpg
    Buntspecht-C.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 490
Back