Mechanical Switch Issues on Wolf Light Production Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyolith

Established Member
Reaction score
I really like this little drill well built, easy to handle and high rpm. Its great for power brushing fiddly things.

Wolf Light Production Drill by Rhyolith, on Flickr

Unfortunately the switch started to play up, it always took a few seconds after pressing the trigger before it would actually come on. I took the switch apart to clean it and now it does not work at all.

Switch by Rhyolith, on Flickr

Further Investigation reveals its the sliders inside the switch not sliding enough (push them both into engaged positions and it worked).

You can seed how it works here, they just don't go far enough to let the current through.

All the various parts

What I can't figure out is why they aren't moving enough, nothing seems particularly (or evenly slightly) worn or loose... I was thinking maybe it needs some form of lube?

Even if you can't see anything obviously worn, after what, 50 years? You can bet there will be some! I have the same drill in a Wolf drill press. I think I would try and 'build up' any faces with something like super glue and see if it works then. Or try putting a small rubber tube over the lever. For sure, you ain't gonna get any spares for it.

Latest posts

Back