Manual for Jet JWBS-20X Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williefixit

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has a JWBS-20X Bandsaw, or more specifically a manual for one please?
I have obtained a “part list” (attached) for this machine but have been unable to find a manual and this includes contacting JPW Industries in the US who have emailed me a number of manuals, but they are all a little bit wrong in one respect or another. I am not surprised that the found and provided manuals are not exactly right, as none of them list the “X” in “JWBS-20X”.
Some manuals:-
1. show blade side guides as roller bearings whereas my machine has other type of guides
2. show a foot operated brake which my machines does not have
3. show table adjustment by horizontal locking levers, where my machine has vertical knobs
4. show separate adjuster for belt tension, where on my machine you have to swivel the motor
All I can do at present, is refer to the appropriate section of a particular manual which covers the area in which I am interested, but it would be preferable to obtain the correct manual for the model “20X”.
I believe the stock number of the machine to be 708752XM

Worth running the request past axminster.
They have sold JET equipment for many years, and I have a sneaky feeling the "X" stands for either "export" or "extra company".

They are very good at manuals for old machines.

Hi SunnyBob - thanks for the suggestion - I've now sent an enquiry to Axminster - here's hoping.
PS Your projects are fantastic.

I have a manual for the Jet JWBS-20Q, 18Q and 16X.
The main difference between the X and the Q models in my manual seems to be that X is single speed, Q are two-speed and have a quick tension lever.
The details in my manual seem to be quite similar to the description of your bandsaw so I can send a scanned copy if you wish.
Duncan

Duncan A":1jpdq22s said:
I have a manual for the Jet JWBS-20Q, 18Q and 16X.
The main difference between the X and the Q models in my manual seems to be that X is single speed, Q are two-speed and have a quick tension lever.
The details in my manual seem to be quite similar to the description of your bandsaw so I can send a scanned copy if you wish.
Duncan
Thank you for the offer Duncan. However, I've already got manuals in one form or another covering the models to which you refer. I've probably got sufficient manuals to cover the machine and have marked each one with what items I think are right and wrong. Clearly it would be preferable to have just one correct manual, to which I can refer and there's no ambiguity. I've now emailed Axminster to see if they have a manual for the model X. I just get the feeling that Jet were a bit lazy here and never bothered to produce one - we'll see:) :)

Are you looking for some specific information in a manual or are you just after a manual for the sake of completeness?

If you are after something specific then ask on here and you'll get more useable information than you would from the manual if it relates to setup and use.

I'm not really looking for anything specific at the moment, just to get one proper manual to consult when required. The proper manual would be the best result, as the wrong one can mislead you. e.g. when I was only referring to the first manual I found for the Jet JWBS-20, I set the side guides to 0.003" for roller bearings. However, when consulting an alternative manual for the "side roller" guides fitted to mine, these were supposed to be set to a "light touch" of the blade (no gap).

Latest posts

Back