Magi finally finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donwatson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have finally finished the Magi (pattern by Kathy Wise).
Turned out quite well I think.
magi_small.jpg

backs_small.jpg

Attachments

• magi_small.jpg
    magi_small.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 928
  • backs_small.jpg
    backs_small.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 928
I think they turned out better than quite well!

Very well done. I like that fact that the backs are shaped as well as the fronts. I like the colours too.

Just in time for Christmas as well! :oops: :lol: sorry. I'll go now.

Regards

Phill

Very impressive and, IMHO, just as Phil said the fact that the backs are appropriately different makes it a very 'polished' job.

They are great and very well finished. Have you plans to make the full nativity, or have you done the rest already? I started one based on Shawn Cipa's handcarved designs and six years later have made about five figures. Every year I think I'll get more finished by 'this' Christmas...... :D

Best wishes

Rockford

Nice stuff. What I particularly like about all such stuff (apart from that your's is VERY WELL self made and colured =D> ) is the fact that long after you're gone, someone will be unpacking that each Christmas and saying something like "Great Grandad Bill made that LONG before you were born" - or similar.

Nice thought

AES

donwatson":w1fope9h said:
Don't go Phill it's just you and me here

I know what you mean Don.

I was wondering if some of the regular faces couldn't get on with the new layout.

There are lots of new faces, which is great, but for a long while after the upgrade I seemed to be the only person I knew!

One or two, including yourself, seem to be posting now but still a lot of names missing.

Let's hope we see more soon.

Regards

Phill

Thanks for the comments guys it is nice to receive them. :D
@Rockford, I made/finished this for a friend and posted it off this morning. I was quite taken with the project and have bought the other drawings in the set as well, the Shepherd and sheep, and the Nativity scene. When they will be started (never mind finished) is something else. I am very busy at the moment trying to get a Men's Shed started in Kirkcaldy and it takes a fair bit of my time.

take care
Don W
@linkshouse, I did think there seems to be less people around :?:

AES":9cohj27q said:
Nice stuff. What I particularly like about all such stuff (apart from that your's is VERY WELL self made and colured =D> ) is the fact that long after you're gone, someone will be unpacking that each Christmas and saying something like "Great Grandad Bill made that LONG before you were born" - or similar.

Nice thought

AES

You are absolutely right - Don VERY kindly agreed to complete these after my aunt asked if I could ask around to find someone to complete what my recently deceased uncle never finished. They arrived this morning and were unpacked to some very impressed 'oohs' and 'aahs' from me, my wife and kids. We are very much looking froward to taking them to my aunt, who I know is going to be blown away - not just by the craftsmanship - but also by Don's huge generosity in taking on the project and steadfastly refusing to accept any form of recompense, even after having to buy more materials and of course delivery costs.

Thank you so much Don - Your legacy will live on in the Howlett family for many years to come.

Best wishes and best of luck with the Man Shed project.

Greg

Thanks Greg. I hope your Aunt enjoys looking at them as much as I did making them.

take care
Don W
PS We are looking at some land in the allotment gardens where we can erect a she to get us started. Just another way to put back something into the community.

I had the same problem as you! Up the top of every post there are 4 blue buttons on the RH side. The 1st of these (the LH one) has a picky in it of what looks like a gear wheel (or a sun) plus a funny right angle arrow pointing downwards. Click on that and a drop down menu appears, the top item of which is "Edit Post". Click that and the full editor appears. Scroll down your post until you come to the bit you want to edit and "Bob's yer Uncle". Don't forget to go all the way down to the bottom of the page and press "Submit" (or "Preview") again, then wait until a new page with choices of either "View your submitted message" or "Return to thread last visited".

Blimey, ME telling someone else how it works now! Can't believe it!!! :D

AES

Thanks AES, I don't think I will need it anymore as I am very busy trying to set up the Men's Shed and won't be on the forum for a while.

OK, good luck with the Men's Shed anyway. Looks like a good idea to me, wish we had them here (and NO, I'm NOT going to try to start one here). ;-)

AES

Back