M.C. Escher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggrajag

Established Member
Reaction score
After making the cat puzzle seen on here I fancied something similar and scoured the Internet for a suitable image. I've always liked Escher's work and this seemed an ideal match-up. I've no idea what wood it is but it was very hard and got quite hot, yet didn't burn.

This was the first thing I've made with my new Excalibur EX16 and it's a totally different beast from the sh*tty Einhell I've sent back for repair/replacement. I'd say it's much harder to control but that might just be because I was using a very fine blade. However there were no mistakes (for once) and the thing actually fits together 100% snugly (but not when it was photographed.)

Escher_1.jpg

Escher_2.jpg

Attachments

• Escher_1.jpg
    Escher_1.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 796
  • Escher_2.jpg
    Escher_2.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 796
Thats clever. Thanks for showing it. How do you find the EX16? It is one I am thinking about, either that , the ex21 or variable used Hegner. The wood looks like European Oak.

Malcolm

The EX16 is a serious step up in quality from the Einhell; it's quieter, the quick release blade, the quick release tension, the weight, the cutting table, almost everything is much better (the on/off button is more fiddly) but as I said above I'm finding it much harder to use. I was doing a building last night in birch ply which meant all straight lines and perfect angles and I was really struggling. Maybe it's me out of practice, maybe it's the different blade, maybe it's the speed I can't settle on for that material, I'm just not sure but I'll keep practicing and I know I'll get there.

That's nicely done. I'm planning an 'Escher style' tessellated floor for my 'reading room' (toilet).

Probably not lizards, it's not my favourite pattern. I quite like Frogs & Fish from 1942.

Latest posts

Back