Looking for any info on this old "Superior 753" drill press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
While rummaging around my father in laws many piles of farm stuff I glimpsed what looked like a floor standing drill.

The only markings on it are the word "Superior" and the number 753 raised lettering in the metal. It's still functional although could do with some love.

F-I-L seems to recall buying it 30 years ago from a local fix anything type engineer who had had it in his workshop since F-I-L had been running around in little shorts.

Anyone know anything?

jEWtTkx.png

ZGeKaEF.png

GHY8aHB.png

Turbo":1qrj555u said:
That is what is known as a camel back drill, commonly used by blacksmiths. They were made by many companies, some right up until the 1970's. That looks like a basic one - some had gearboxes & auto feed built in. I have one that will drill a 2" hole without breaking a sweat. Some more info here -
http://www.beautifuliron.com/gs_drills_camelback.htm

Ahh excellent, thanks for the info Turbo. I can see from the link that I'm not the person to try and bring this back to it's former glory though mostly it just needs a smidgen of rust removed so maybe even I can do that.

Latest posts

Back