Lidl Plunge Saw - Extra Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galleywood

Established Member
Reaction score
Last Thursday I bought the Lidl Plunge Saw (PTSS 1200 B1) after reading various posts on this forum.

Today I contacted the Service Hotline (0871 5000 720 - £0.10/minute) and asked if I could purchase extra track - I was transferred to Lidl's supplier (Kampernass) in Germany and they have emailed a quote to me for (2) sections of track at a cost of £10.54 including postage.

I am waiting for a revised quote - to include a connector bar for the track.

Payment can be by Paypal or Bank Transfer and delivery is stated to be (2) weeks.

I am sure that some members have asked about extra track, but I have not been able to find out who they are, as I cannot get the search facilty to work.

I purchased the Parkside track saw when they were last on offer a year ago and have made do with the tracks it came with by sliding them along. If extra tracks are available at the price you are saying i would buy more, please keep us informed how you get on.

I am interested in extra track, let us know how you get on.

Pete

Frau battleaxe must have retired, cos as we know ..... All together now " Ze Track Izz Long enuff" ;)

That is crazy cheap. Surely the postage alone comes to that?

My Dewalt tracks were £50 a track for the 1m lengths....

Some one did say the saw fits the Festool track, so I guess so.

Pete

Lidl/festool tracks are interchangeable. I use my lidl saw on a festool track and it works perfectly.

Just an update on the initial post by Galleywood - thanks. I contacted Lidl customer services yesterday using their freephone number 0800 9777766. After taking some initial contact details they passed me on to their supplier Kompernass. They can supply two pieces of 700mm guide rails but not the connectors. They usually sell these as replacements rails only. I ordered 2 at a cost of £10.61 including delivery and will make my own connectors based on the one I have. They email you an invoice were you can pay by bank transfer or PayPal. The lady I spoke to said there is a PayPal link but it does not work. You will need to login to your own PayPal account and enter payment to [email protected]. A very easy and smooth transaction. Well done Lidl!

They are still incredibly cheap so well worth the buy.

Pete

I have not had the revised quote to include the connector - and from what bracspin wrote, it won't be coming.

So I have ordered the two sections of track as per the original quote - £10.54 = 11.50 Euros.

They should be with me in about 2 weeks.

I shall be ordering some as soon as I get the IME number off the box! (just rang up and found that out)

Unless some one can tell me it.

Pete

Hi Pete

I was not asked for any number. Just said I wanted two additional guide rails for the Parkside PTSS 1200 plunge saw and that was enough.

Pete

Thanks chaps, just rang again and ordered them!

Pete

Even though I have 2 x 700mm and a 1400mm I am tempted to get a bit more just because the price is so good. I wonder if I could put it to use in a special jig or something?

Back