Last time showing off (I promise)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Related to my last thread I promised to post the pictures of my first pot with a lid. Despite my false modesty some of you insisted I post them so here they are with the two matching platters made over yesterday and today after work.
What the hell am I going to do with all these sodding bits of shiny wood?
Duiker-pot1.jpg

Duiker,
Please don't feel you shouldn't post pictures of your work I really like to see what others are making.
Your skills are coming along really well pots with lids are a difficult thing to master and yours looks good.

Duiker":1o9e7ppb said:
What the hell am I going to do with all these sodding bits of shiny wood?
My wife says that at least once a week :lol:

cd

CD's right... keep 'em coming, it's worth the download time on dial up :)

Re the shinies... Think of it as stockpiling birthday and xmas pressies :p

When you run out of family take 'em to work and flog 'em with a gloat or two :wink:

The only thing I have ever turned were new rollers for a lawnmower, and that was hard enough.
I too enjoy looking at the items posted here please keem 'em coming

Andy

Hi Rohooster,

Sorry for the late reply but I was away again!

The wood is Cocobolo. Its a really deep plum colour and very ataractive. Nice to turn but a bit of a pipper on the end grain. Loads of sanding sealer and a light scrape afterwards (advice from the guys). Came out nice but the photo shows more sanding rings than can be seen with the naked eye.

Thanks for the support (praise) people. I'll post the better stuff as and when :lol:

Mick

Latest posts

Back