Kreg mitre jig at Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieB

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the bottom of the recent bandsaw offer from Axminster they are pusing a nw range of Kreg jigs - mitre gague, fence and stop etc. They look very similar to the Incra system and are billed as accurate to 0.1 degree. Anyone got one or had a play with one? I am wondering if they will fit a Kity 419 tablesaw?

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve

I received a Kreg mitre gauge this week, and have to say it is very well built and spot on out of the box. I had an Incra 2000 with a previous table saw and that was excellent too (probably a little better than the Kreg but at a price).
The Kreg mitre gauge comes with nylon grub screws which adjust to the mitre slot, it is just under 3/4" when supplied and will adjust a lot up from this.
The good news is that i paid just £69.00 inc VAT for mine including the fence, from David Biven at www.davidbivenmachinery.co.uk
He is as nice a guy as you could talk to, very helpful and stock some great woodworking machines and spares, i even bought a Freud blade which was 25% less than the usual suppliers. His phone number is 01253 724862.
He isn't a relative or anything, i found him on a Google search and he amazed me with prices.
I am very happy with the mitre gauge, at that price, you won't be dissapointed.
Hope that helps...

Ben

Wow, thanks Ben - Axminster want £108 for the gague plus fence and £75 for the gague so that is a definite bargin. Thanks for the info - I will measure the kity table slots tonight.

Steve.

I've had the Kreg mitre gauge for a while now and am very impressed with it. My Wadkin 10BRT table saw is metric and has the mitre slots in the table machined to 20mm rather than the usual 3/4 inch (19mm). It was the only decent mitre that has enough adjustment to take up the extra mm gap.

The only modification I have made is to glue fine sandpaper to the face of the guide as without it the aluminium is slippery and workpieces can slip sideways along the face when pushing through the blade.

fence002.jpg

fence003.jpg

fence004.jpg

If the need ever arose I'd purchase another.

Misterfish

The link to David Biven in Rinky Dinky`s post comes up "unable to find server" ?
Is David still in business,& does anyone have a link or web address for him?

Doug,

The google cached version of his website on 29th Nov 09 comes up with these contact details

David Biven Machinery, 53 Grenville Avenue, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8 2RR

Telephone/Fax: 01253 724862

HTH

Bob

Doug

I got my Kreg bandsaw fence off of him only a couple of weeks ago. Its great and best price around. Hes a nice bloke too.

The number I contacted him on was the same as 9 fingers just posted.

Good luck

Paul

Latest posts

Back