Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem Ian, will send it tonight. The manual is for the later model down the line from yours but they are similar. Just check the spindle dimensions etc.

Bob

Hi Lon, I was hoping you might be able to send me the manual for the Kity 5 Bestcombi, green machine please, I've just been lucky enough to buy one today, it needs a little bit of TLC, maybe some new planer blades and I'd like to look at getting a bigger spindle block and it didn't have the mortice part, but all in all i'm very pleased with it.

Cheers

Nick
(hammer) #-o

nhirst258":2a467ouq said:
Hi Lon, I was hoping you might be able to send me the manual for the Kity 5 Bestcombi, green machine please, I've just been lucky enough to buy one today, it needs a little bit of TLC, maybe some new planer blades and I'd like to look at getting a bigger spindle block and it didn't have the mortice part, but all in all i'm very pleased with it.

Cheers

Nick
(hammer) #-o

No problem Nick, will email it but first need your email address. Don't post it on an open forum - pm me with it.

Yours is the later model though only a few changes e.g. the moulder spindle should be 30mm instead of the previous 20mm (check in case one of the interim models though).
There is a size limit to the moulding block you can use and ideally probably no larger than 80mm as the recess won't accept larger with cutters. The K5 was intended to use lightweight aloy blocks btw so if using steel be especially careful it's well balanced.

cheers
Bob

Hi Lons
Tried to PM you but its says I'm too new (Wish my body felt that way!!!!) and don't have the rights,
nick(DOT)hirst555
(AT)btinternet
(DOT)com

Hope this is OK, I checked the spindle and it is a 30mm, good job I read the post as I was just about to buy a 40mmx90mm block with a 30mm bore....

Hi Lons,

I'm new to this game. I am thinking of bidding on a K5 which is on ebay at the moment. I was wondering if you could send me the manual please. I hope to study it before taking the plunge.

My email is tonyho at globalnet dot co dot uk

Thanks

Tony

tonyho810":6sml5bsm said:
Hi Lons,

I'm new to this game. I am thinking of bidding on a K5 which is on ebay at the moment. I was wondering if you could send me the manual please. I hope to study it before taking the plunge.

My email is tonyho at globalnet dot co dot uk

Thanks

Tony

Okydoky Tony, will do.

Someone mentioned difficulty with spares in a previous post. I bought a Kity spindle moulder in a car boot sale, no motor or other machines and I'm not sure if it's a K5. It has a 30mm spindle. Anyhow the point of this message is, I contacted Kity regarding a motor and they were still available but at a cost of something like £150 + VAT (can't remember exactly) which I thought very pricey. So check that the motor is OK before you buy else it could be an expensive bargain. I 'knocked up' a temporary arrangement with a plywood pulley turned on the lathe and a spare 1/2 HP motor on homemade brackets. Still works fine, if a little underpowered.

K

Hi I have just made a Kity K5 purchase am looking forward to using my latest shiny toy however the manual that came with it is in a very sad state of repair (unreadable) does anyone have a e-copy of the manual that i could have?

also any hyperlinks to websites that have spare parts but manual mainly

many thanks in advance

hobbyman":cs3rj5pe said:
Hi I have just made a Kity K5 purchase am looking forward to using my latest shiny toy however the manual that came with it is in a very sad state of repair (unreadable) does anyone have a e-copy of the manual that i could have?

many thanks in advance

pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Bob

hobbyman":3i7tdaik said:

many thanks in advance

I have an early k5 model, As far as I know, spares are fairly non existent on the earlier examples but they don't seem to wear out, in fact they suffer from neglect mostly.
Some spares are seen on flea bay, from time to time, and "single" items, saw bench, planer, spindle moulder etc do pop up on occasions.
There are some member here able to offer advice, having owned and used them for years.
I have found them well made and very useful bits of kit.
Watch out for the slotted collars and cutters, used on the spindle moulder, they need using with care.
Regards Rodders.

Hi, would it be possible to also get a copy of the manual. I've just inherit this machine but the manual seems to be lost.

My email is eumesmopt1980(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks,

Luís O.

Eumesmo28":2xq4p01j said:
Hi, would it be possible to also get a copy of the manual. I've just inherit this machine but the manual seems to be lost.

My email is eumesmopt1980(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks,

Luís O.

Will send tonight Luis

Hi,
I have just made a Kity K5 purchase yesterday but I had no manual with the machine, does anyone have a e-copy of the manual that i could have?
My email is: masurica (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks,
Alex

masurica":5b4x0do6 said:
Hi,
I have just made a Kity K5 purchase yesterday but I had no manual with the machine, does anyone have a e-copy of the manual that i could have?
My email is: masurica (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks,
Alex
Hi Alex
I'll forward a copy later today
It will be a compressed file (winrar) containing 3 pdf files. Hope it helps
cheers
Bob

I have recently purchased a Kity K5, but it doesn't have a manual. If someone has an electronic copy that would be awesome. Also, the spindle moulder doesn't have a cutting tool, does anyone know where I can get one? Many thanks.

Pwaters":kugx6kn6 said:
I have recently purchased a Kity K5, but it doesn't have a manual. If someone has an electronic copy that would be awesome. Also, the spindle moulder doesn't have a cutting tool, does anyone know where I can get one? Many thanks.

Post a couple of more times then you can send me a pm with your email address and I'l get one to you. Alternately look through these posts and you'll find my email address somewhere then you can mail me direct. I don't really want to post it on the forum again.

You need to look for a 70mm cutter block, AXI used to sell them, and a range of cutter knives though you can get away with larger if only doing rebates. You can also look for disc cutters and small saw blades though I wouldn't recommend much largr than 100mm for this machine. Be very careful to get the correct spindle dia as the machines varied i.e. 15, 20 and 30mm or alternatively buy a 30mm block and a couple of top hat washers to suit your spindle.

cheers
Bob

Hi,

Recently bought kitty K5, cream and splayed legs.

I'm after a manual. Do you have one that you could email to me?

I'd really like to get it up and running but not fully sure what I'm missing and what it should be able to do.

Please send to leakesrow(at)aol(dot)com

Many thanks in anticipation

Hi there,
Unsure if anyone is still active in here? I have a k5 machine that belonged to my dad, long storey short I am looking to sell if it is worth anything to anyone. It does not work although you can hear the buzz and hum of the electricity inside the motor, I know little about this machine but if anyone is interested let me know and we can go from there. Thank you

Back