Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jochem":3e2ag9qm said:
Hello,

May I request a copy of the of the K5 instruction manual please. Many thanks.

Regards Jochem

Not a problem but you need to send me your email address. Mine is bob dot lonsdale51 at btinternet dot com

obviously substitute .s and @ in my address Jochem
Bob

Hello

I have the Kity 627 spindle moulder. Does anyone know if it is safe to use a 100mm block on it? (with top hat 30/20mm). I also need to change the bearings - I have removed the circlip at the bottom - does anyone know if I can just press the spindle+bearings out?

Thanks
Kerry

Kerry":189fs3tg said:
Hello

I have the Kity 627 spindle moulder. Does anyone know if it is safe to use a 100mm block on it? (with top hat 30/20mm). I also need to change the bearings - I have removed the circlip at the bottom - does anyone know if I can just press the spindle+bearings out?

Thanks
Kerry

Hi Kerry

I don't know the answers to your questions but can send you the K5 manual if of any use as the basic constuction of the Kity machines was common between models.
I would need you to email me with your personal email address so I could send it bob(dot)lonsdale51(at)btinternet(dot)com.

One other possiblity is if you send a "cheeky" message to this guy:....... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kity-627-Spin ... 3cbcbc98e1 .........who is selling a 627 with manual on ebay. He might be willing to photocopy it for you for a small consideration. Worth asking I would suggest.

regards

Bob

rayski007":38n39goj said:
I have sent an e-mail requesting a copy of the K5 manual. Thanks in advance.

Regards Ray

Duly sent Ray

It's a compressed .rar file so hopefully you can open it. Any problems, just email me help - and I'll give you my mobile number if necessary to discuss.

You aren't too far from me, (I'm just North of Morpeth) - which part of Berwickshire are you in.

Cheers

Bob

As a general note, given a lot of people have requested various files, and lots of PMs etc, I am more than happy to host these files for easy download from my website.

Hi I'd also like a copy as well if possible. I tried to PM but don't seem to be doing something correctly as it tells me messages are sent but appear in outbox rather than sent, no idea how to send them from there. Thanks in advance.

Wildman":1iyt8d5j said:
Hi I'd also like a copy as well if possible. I tried to PM but don't seem to be doing something correctly as it tells me messages are sent but appear in outbox rather than sent, no idea how to send them from there. Thanks in advance.

I think that's normal. Not sure it doesn't stay there until received (I must get around to reading the forum rules and intructions - maybe tomorrow :oops: ).

Have sent you a pm and will email the manual asap

Bob

Hi all..Been a lurker for quite some time now..and now my first post....We are retired uk peeps now making lots of sawdust in the pyrenees ..hobbyists though.Before moving out here I came across a K5 and the small Inca bandsaw that have both been magnificent in helping to renovate our property..
However if I may be so bold as to request the K5 literature ,I would be more than grateful..
My email lankyrose at hotmail dot com

Cheers to you all
Norm

catalunyanorm":2bhhoi1f said:
Hi all..Been a lurker for quite some time now..and now my first post....We are retired uk peeps now making lots of sawdust in the pyrenees ..hobbyists though.Before moving out here I came across a K5 and the small Inca bandsaw that have both been magnificent in helping to renovate our property..
However if I may be so bold as to request the K5 literature ,I would be more than grateful..
My email lankyrose at hotmail dot com

Cheers to you all
Norm

Sent
Check your email Norm

Bob

Hi, would it be possible to also get a copy of the manual. I am reassembling my machine after many years in boxes and the manual seems to be lost

Would appreciate any advice or tips.

regards

Peter

hondarc30":1zzcasck said:
Hi, would it be possible to also get a copy of the manual. I am reassembling my machine after many years in boxes and the manual seems to be lost

Would appreciate any advice or tips.

regards

Peter

Hi Peter

If you email me I'll reply with the file attached.

bob dot lonsdale51 at btinternet dot com

Bob

deadwood":2vcqq47o said:
Hi I am a new member and I am looking for a combi machine. The Woodstar for about £ 800 looks suitable has anyone had experience of this machine?
The Kitty K5 may be of interest if I could get a used one.

If you fancy a drive down to Bordeau my mate is trying to flog his K5 (or another Kit model that looks very similar).
It looks in mint condition...but yes - it's not exactly close by.

I am toying with the idea of taking a long 'business trip' down there :wink: ..& boost my vitamin D at same time.

Hi Bob

I acquired a K5 some years ago mainly for the table saw at the time that had / still have a few bits missing.

I would be very much appreciate a copy of the manual also

John

when considering combination machines don't overlook the coronet major it is the most versatile machine i have ever come across. if you don't want or currently have room for the lathe then a short bed can easily be purchased.

jart":fu16mubx said:
Hi Bob

I acquired a K5 some years ago mainly for the table saw at the time that had / still have a few bits missing.

I would be very much appreciate a copy of the manual also

John

Email me at bob dot lonsdale51 at btinternet dot com

Bob

Hi Guys,

I bought a used Kity BestCombi Machine a few years ago and I'm just now trying to get it setup and running. I bought it from the husband of a woman who used it one time to make a small table (at a community college class) and never used it again after that. It sat in their garage every since. I think they paid $2700 for the main unit and $700 for the matching dust collector (back in 1994-5).

I don't have the owners manual either - could you please send me the .pdf version that someone might have?

I'm trying to restore my old Victorian house build form in 1893...

Thanks again!

oldmancoyote":2j1uibfx said:
Hi Guys,

I bought a used Kity BestCombi Machine a few years ago and I'm just now trying to get it setup and running.

I don't have the owners manual either - could you please send me the .pdf version that someone might have?
Thanks again!

I've just 10 minutes ago sent it to someone named Christopher Galas. Is that you?

If not just send me an email (put your username in so I know who it is) and I'll send it off to you asap. My email address is in an earier post so I won't repeat it.

regards

Bob

Hello,

I have a green KITY K5 and I am missing the riving knife for the table saw. Do you guys know where I can get a replacement one?

Here is a picture of the riving knife in the manual

There is the 1.5mm and the 2.5mm. The 1.5 mm ref. # is 50 2331 and the 2.5 mm ref. # is 50 2332.

Any help would be great.

One other question about the KITY, I am struggling with getting the belts on easily, in the manual it says to 'move the machine' to fix the belt tension issue.. I guess I don't understand how you do that!

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• kity.jpg
    kity.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 3,774

Latest posts

Back