Kity 419 help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wondered if anyone might be able to help me? I have bought a used Kity 419 with an unused sliding table and whilst everything else is there, for some reason it doesn't have the steel channel members that connect the sliding table to the machine's bed.

I am wondering if anyone with one of these machines might be able to take some measurements so that I can fabricate new ones. Even a photo of the underside would be helpful.

The only other problem with the machine was that there is a problem with the tilt/raise know in that it does not pull out far enough to disengage from the toothed quadrant. That seems to be just an accumulation of tolerances I think and the fix is simplt to redrill the handle putting the grub-screws nearer the rack end of it.

regards

Colin

I notice you've had no reply.

Sorry - had a busy day - meant to reply earlier. I have the bits you need measuring, but it's too late to do it tonight.

I'm not sure where they are, but I'll have a look and PM you when I can report back - might take a day or so.

Cheers, E.

Hi. I also have a 419 with the sliding table installed. I'll take some measurements and photos for you when I get some time in the next day or two. Happy for you to follow up by PM. It would be useful to have your email address. Cheers.

Ho Colin. I have the details for you.

The two brackets are rectangular U section steel.
417mm long overall (tape measure accuracy)
The metal is about 2mm thick including the grey hammerfinish paint.
The brackets are installed inverted U. Channel downward.

There's a complication. They are not a single piece. They are fabricated from two different sizes of channel, one inside the other for a few inches overlap in the centre, welded. Why ? Probably to fit around whatever else is there and to achieve a small change in height so that the sliding table is level with the main.

The narrower channel goes under the extruded slide track
34 wide od 20mm deep od x 250mm long

The wider channel bolts to the underside, front edge of the saw table, Behind the track for the rip fence.
40mm wide x 18 mm deep x 215 mm long

Total length of both pieces is 465mm but the welded assembly is 417mm so they nest / overlap for 48mm

There are 4 off M6 bolts per assembly
The first hole is centred 16mm in from large end
Next is through the overlapping section - it will be easier to measure the spacing on your own saw
Same at the other end. The first hole is centred 16-17mm in. Space the next hole according to the measurement between the two T slots on the bottom of the guide rail.

When installed, i have a 7mm gap between the edges of the sliding and fixed tables. So there's a little tolerance on the dimensions except between the fixed mounting points.

I took photos but haven't posted pics here before. If it proves difficult, PM me and i'll email them over.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, the information you have provided help when looking at the parts list in the manual.

Have pm'd my email address,

Thanks for helping,

Colin

I also have one of these. It looks very much like the Axminster TS200. I can't see from the pictures but it may be the extension bits you require are the same and can be purchased from them.

Just an idea.

Mick

Back