Joining ali tube.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jake":11iftj4t said:
Last idea I have is poke around on Alibaba and if you can stick a wanted ad up and see what comes out. I've only used it a few times but its worked out well each time, so if you can find someone offering machining services

Didn't know you could do that on there, so cheers for that. I did see some promising stuff on there, namely some hinged tube joiners, which would be great, but they were mostly for the boating industry and made of stainless, therefore prohibitively expensive.

Just looking for a piece of wood from the dog end rack. Spotted this leftover stop chamfered spindle
faf2d853057a138d6edc5537241369a6.jpg

Even something completely square should fit snug inside. Knocking the corners off will prevent it wearing/working loose as easily.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thing is, it needs to be loose as it is a sliding joint. I think a piece of waxed dowel may do the trick and it's available in the diameter i need. I'll try it anyway and see what transpires.

Are you gonna post a few pictures or is it too top secret :lol:

ColeyS1":1h2slyvj said:
Are you gonna post a few pictures or is it too top secret :lol:

I was busy yesterday and forgot. I'm also a computer numbskull, so i would have to learn how to do it.

Back