Is this worthy of a Gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andys wood shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this worthy of a gloat

Just been given these by a neighbour :)
(probably for payment for all the odd jobs I've done over the years)

What do you think

DSC00352.jpg

A Stanley no. 50 combination plane

DSC00347.jpg

A Stanley 13-052 plough plane

DSC00348.jpg

A Woden W.78 rabbet and fillister plane

DSC00355.jpg

and this a "ROOFIT BEVEL" made by William Lanham
for cutting roof joists

is this for full size roofs or models like dolls houses

Regards

Andy

andys wood shed":3nb1mvz0 said:
Is this worthy of a gloat

Just been given these by a neighbour :)
(probably for payment for all the odd jobs I've done over the years)

What do you think...
Well, Andy. Just what do you think I am thinking right this minute? Yep, you suck!

Very nice neighbor you have there. Good planes and bevel [which I have never seen before], but especially the 50 and the Wooden 78.

Take care, Mike

First Martin and now this - today really, really sucks... ](*,) :lol: (Yeah,it's a gloat) D'you have all the bits? And more importantly d'you have a scanner...? The 13-052 and Woden manuals would be welcome. [-o<

Incidentally has anyone ever seen a Stanley #50 manual that doesn't have a rust mark right across it? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Andy

It's people like you that really P*** me off :lol: , although I have to say, fantastic gloat, just wish I could get paid like that.

Thank guys 8)

The Woden has seen some action but the two Stanley planes are as new and the blades still have the manufactures grinding marks so don't think they have ever seen an oil stone

Alf":df12vkfy said:
D'you have all the bits? And more importantly d'you have a scanner...? The 13-052 and Woden manuals would be welcome. [-o<

Alf
Yes I've got all the bits and I do have a scanner, but how to use it might be a problem :oops: might have to phone a friend
How do you want me to send them

Regards

Andy

Alf":30j2rwma said:
FIncidentally has anyone ever seen a Stanley #50 manual that doesn't have a rust mark right across it? :roll: Cheers, Alf

I've got one :wink: :lol:

Adam

This is the third time I've tried posting this, so it's going to be short and sweet.

Adam - I forgot I live in a god-forsaken puddle.

Andy - scanned at 600dpi in colour attached to an email would be ideal, ta very muchly. Email address on my site, link below.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":z0vl8hrh said:
Adam - I forgot I live in a god-forsaken puddle.

Dunno, I seem to have a lake at the bottom of the garden. Good job I built a nice big plinth for the workshop, nice and dry!

Adam

I think I have a 13-052 manual if Andy has any problems. I must admit, it's not exactly one of my favourite planes...

Alf":gnqilc2f said:
First Martin and now this - today really, really sucks... ](*,) :lol: (Yeah,it's a gloat) D'you have all the bits? And more importantly d'you have a scanner...? The 13-052 and Woden manuals would be welcome. [-o<

Cheers, Alf

Manuals sent hope they are ok

Andy

andys wood shed":2f39fk95 said:
How do I sharpen the beading cutters for the no. 50 plane :?

Hi Andy,

I've had some success using MDF wheels and polishing compound to hone the curved bit of the beading cutters. The flat parts I hone as normal. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow if that will help.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

PS Keep to one bevel - if you try to hone a secondary bevel on the curved bit of the cutter it will get quite complicated.

Back