Is it me

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samfire

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a scheppach sd16 scroll saw for crimbo. Up until now I have used it with big pinned blades. However, I now want to go a bit finer, so have tried fitting a fine pinless blade but I can't do it. The top clamp is no problem but I can't get it in the bottom. As soon as I try to nip up th grub screw the clamp turns clockwise and the blade jumps out.
Am I missing a trick somewhere. I would be greatfull for any suggestions from anybody who knows how to do it. The way it is going at the moment it is destined for the recycling centre. Any hep appreciated.
George

Clip74.jpg
Clip74.jpg
Have you a picture of the blade clamps ?

Are they tool less or the hanger type?

Either way, use sandpaper on the ends of the blades (across the blade) there is a finish on the blades, removing it with sandpaper makes them grip better

The blade clamps, have you checked they are clean and there are no bits or sawdust in them

Again using a small piece of sandpaper slide in the clamp to roughen the inside of the clamps

Attachments

• Clip74.jpg
    Clip74.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 505
  • Clip73.jpg
    Clip73.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 504
Hi thanks for the reply. The clamps are the same as the one in the bottom picture. It's not the top clamp I'm having trouble with but the bottom one, it flips over when I try to tighten it.
Regards
George

I believe the bottom clamp is the same as the top but inverted?

Are you clamping the bottom first, and then the top?

If you have cleaned the ends of the blades and the inside of each blade clamp, and it still keeps happening, I would swap the two clamps around and see if that resolves the problem, which may indicate a faulty blade clamp perhaps

One further thought are you managing to get the blade fitted and then it comes out under tension? or is it you can't clamp the blade in the lower clamp with no tension on

Hi thanks for your help. All clamping issues are now sorted and I can actually get on with some scrolling.
Best regards
George

Latest posts

Back