improved my workbench, added a tooltray

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I added a tool tray at the back of the workbench, and also a platform between the legs which should be very handy, all solid pine 20mm thick and edge jointed but not glued just screwed in place so it could be removed, and I've put a metal working vice on it to add a lot more weight, works well.

the tool tray makes a big difference, finally a place to put my gauges and most used tools, I will probably modify it as time goes on, it's great having a dedicated place for them.

only thing left to do is make some kind of planing stop, I've not decided yet on the exact details.

Hope it inspires some of you to customise your bench or space to suit your needs.

Attachments

• Tool_tray_bench-2.jpg
    Tool_tray_bench-2.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 509
  • Tool_tray_bench-1.jpg
    Tool_tray_bench-1.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 509
  • Tool_tray_bench-3.jpg
    Tool_tray_bench-3.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 509
Ahh a great addition.

I officially never finished my seller's bench as it never got a "finish", I just needed to use it for jobs on limited time so it's all still au naturelle. I've been meaning to add an additional tray and drawer and end storage ut just haven't yet had the time for those kind of jobs!

I did manage to cut a sheet of cheap ply for the bottom shelf and thanks to my rails being a bit lower than the original design the shelf is also a bit lower.

Looking great!

DBT85":kn5r941f said:
Ahh a great addition.

I officially never finished my seller's bench as it never got a "finish", I just needed to use it for jobs on limited time so it's all still au naturelle. I've been meaning to add an additional tray and drawer and end storage ut just haven't yet had the time for those kind of jobs!

I did manage to cut a sheet of cheap ply for the bottom shelf and thanks to my rails being a bit lower than the original design the shelf is also a bit lower.

Looking great!

yes they are time consuming, but I made them as I went along, if you break it down it's more manageable, the trickiest thing to make was the apron drawer for me, but it is well worth it, they actually save a lot of time, especially the tool tray because there's a permanent place for things, anyway best of luck with your bench mods.

Back