Image of a recent project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
SIe2345.jpg

Very nice. I am about to make something along those lines for my house. The scene will look very different in 6 months time I reckon, when it isn't loaded up with posed items but instead has muddy wellies , a collection of plastic shopping bags, a wet dog, and some dirty rugby kit piled up on it haphazardly! :)

Very nice. How did you go about the lighting?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

For a client, from the sports world, a really nice family, don't beleive what you read in the papers, a few spoil the reputations of the many.

Very smart, very smart indeedy !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Very nice. Whats the detail in the middle of the face frames? The clothes hooks are screwed to two faces of the TGV wouldn't that stop the TGV being able to expand and contract causing a split?

Nice one!
I'd have guessed a good quality clothing shop of some kind, given the 'display' aspect of the stuff on the shelves. Definitely a professional air to this work!

Very nice, Bob.

There's a lot of thought in that, too, although that's apparent in a lot of your work.

I especially like the LED lights facing backwards in the face frames, and the very careful alignment of the backs for symmetry. I also picked up on the detail lines down the middles of the face frame verticals, and the beading.

The effect is that it looks simple, but evidently wasn't.

Two quick questions:

1. is it real T+G, or faux from MRMDF? I'm guessing the latter, which would be the better solution to cope with the seasons, but wondering... :)

2. I haven't had any LED lighting fail yet, but if this lot did (or it got damaged somehow), how easy would it be to replace either the strips or the power supplies? I ask because it always puts me off a bit from building them into fitted furniture...

E.

Hi,
MRMDF backs, just makes sense on painted furniture, looks much tidier than big crack lines.

LED ribbon has never failed, occasionally a transformer will go, so just make sure the trans are accessible.

doctor Bob":23eip3uz said:
LED ribbon has never failed
Just wanted to pop a remark up regarding this - I've also never known any to fail, I work with a fair amount of it between PCs, custom cars, and a few other bits... but with those that come with some kind of plastic/rubbery casing to protect the SMD circuitry, you sometimes find the casing itself deteriorates, resulting in previously bright lights becoming heavily diffused. Replacement is the only option at this point. It's not always the cheap ribbons that go, either.

Might be worth just bearing in mind... :wink:

Back