I upgraded my old window 7 to Windows 10 today free Last day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the laptop in question is a spare and only used and connected to my Yamaha Tyros key board and if it does not affect Foxit PDF it can do what it likes, I have a desktop and quite happy with the situation.
They reckon you only have today to make the last legal chance to upgrade.

Thanks tho for your post.

Sideways":1dha0qo6 said:
Welcome to never having control of your computer again. You know that Win10 forces updates on you whether you want them or not, right ?

You mean seamlessly on my Windows 10 laptop, as opposed to the tortuous monthly procedure that takes 1/2 an hour on my old windows 7 laptop and slows it down to a crawl while it's doing it?

Sideways":3mitrycc said:
Welcome to never having control of your computer again. You know that Win10 forces updates on you whether you want them or not, right ?

yes I call it forceware, I am still using W7 Ultimate here with no problems.

I have used Windows 10 for approx the last 2 years without a problem. I use mostly Microsoft Office + browsing + emails + youtube etc etc without problem.

I can accept that there may be users with (older) software that is not compatible with Windows 10 and upgrading would cause aggro. But otherwise I prefer that these things are updated in the background without troubling the few braincells I still have left!

What is this Windows of which you speak?

517px-Classic_flat_look_3D.svg.png

selectortone":1keo0f80 said:
Sideways":1keo0f80 said:

You mean seamlessly on my Windows 10 laptop, as opposed to the tortuous monthly procedure that takes 1/2 an hour on my old windows 7 laptop and slows it down to a crawl while it's doing it?

Easy to change your settings so it just tells you there are updates and you choose when to download and install them.

I have 4 computers with W7 and will resist W10 for as long as I can, have full backup copies on remote drives so can re-install if any problems.

Like Worn Thumbs, my computer runs on Penguin Power but my wife's laptop runs on Windows 10. The upgrade from Win 7 was very straightforward and I've never found any problems with old apps not running smoothly.
The only reasons I could see for not upgrading were if a computer was simply too underpowered and couldn't easily be improved (fit an SSD, more RAM), or if there was a hardware incompatibility with Win10.
Well done DW for biting the bullet while the upgrade was still free.
Duncan

Back