I think I have made a terrifying mistake...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vile Rat was more of a Corp (guild) aquaintance than a friend I gamed with regularly in as much as he was the head of our Diplomatic Division in the Goons, none of us knew he was an actual Diplomat of sorts, except the few at the very top of the chain like mittens (aka The Mittani - yeah we called him mittens which is pretty funny considering his reputation outside Eve Online). It was only luck that he was just derping out with us in a small roaming fleet (looking for trouble or to make it) as a break from his normal "duties" within the alliance. His Wife did actually come onto our chat channel a week or so after to say how she was happy he was gaming with his friends when it happened that "he wasn't alone".

Wow 40 man raiding was amazing, but many guilds (read less organised) found herding 40 people to the same place, at the same time difficult, so it got watered down to 25.

Bm101 - Oddly even though I've been gaming since I was a kid I've never actually been that good at the twitch shooters the "fast reaction" FPS PvP type games - the Quake, Unreal Tournament etc etc, I'm the sneaky sneaky "filthy camper" sniper type :twisted: ... and I've made some GLORIOUS headshots, truly glorious - headshotting a guy on a quadbike in Planetside 2 at roughly 500m give or take - moving parallel to my line, at full speed (but in a straight line the n00b) and then him going full rage in the /whispers all caps yelling that I'm a haxxor using an aimbot cheat etc etc, when I was doing nothing of the kind - because I was the Outfits (guild) sniper tutor back when I was super active every day, it's what I do :) Fun times. Oh did I mention that in Planeside 2 there is full realistic ballistic physics? Bullet drop and velocity to take into account. GLORIOUS it was, with a fistpump and everything.

If you like dipping in and out of fast (or slow if you prefer) FPS, PTFO action but on a global scale with 3 factions all fighting each other at the same time with hundreds on the map at the same time, give Planetside 2 a try, we haz tanks, and fighters and bombers and flying carriers and mech suits and lots of other cool toys - I'm on Miller server TR faction. Free to play, no money required and not pay to win either - skill not money. Doesn't need a high end PC either.

Why be "over" it?

Maybe send me a PM with info on the other games you play that has multiplayer?

Lol TN I look nothing like that - but I'm certain others do :)

I have gamed on and off all my life, always thought I was okay at it until I see my 7 yr old playing Fortnite. It makes me feel so old, there is no way I can do the things he does no matter how much I practise, the speed he can build and edit just confuses me, I can't keep up :roll:

I saw recently a 25 old pro gamer was retiring from Fortnite because he didn't have the mechanics anymore to compete against the 15 & 16 year olds. You probably saw that a 16yr old won the first prize of $3,000,000 in last years Fortnite world cup.

I do find a bit of Minecraft relaxing, it's just like virtual Lego really, you can build some amazing stuff.

On more than one occasion 20 years ago I would come home from school on Friday at 3.30 and play a mmo until about 10pm on Saturday at which point I would actually go to bed.

These days if I get near a game it's more likely to be something like Ostriv or Rise of Industry.

I bought my xbox 360 when modern warfare 2 came out - still my favourite FPS game. Sank a loooot of time into morrowind and oblivion as well.
These days if I turn the xbox on it takes an hour for it to download and update before I can play :lol:

craigsalisbury":2v8z6puv said:
Chris152":2v8z6puv said:
That made me laugh, Droogs. 10-hour stints, interrupting mealtimes, sounds like my teenage boy! I'd say so long as you sit properly (back/ neck) get up and walk about a bit and do some exercise, good for you, enjoy it. Better than most of the nonsense on tv.
I've started keeping an old blog I'd stopped doing a couple of years ago, but stuck in the house I struggle to find stuff that interests me to photograph and write about. The good news was that I found a place that delivers timber so I got a load dropped off here Monday, to build a small deck and a pergola; the bad news is it's been raining since so we're not doing that.

looking forward to a deck build. I have one coming up soon and have no clue where to start. if you could video that whole build and put it on yootoob, that would be super, thanks :D :D
Ah, but you mean a deck build by somebody who knows what they're doing. :) This wasn't one of those but it served a purpose (keeping me busy), more an enlarged step...
Before
96302075_270952567628187_3467545213679960064_n.jpg

After
96815006_1173327879671985_4757417699049472000_n.jpg

It was a ramp from the back of a tandem garage, which we converted into a play room years ago. The frame's free-standing and attached to the little block walls so quite strong. It's not finished and I'm not sure what to do with the risers as I want ventilation but don't want rodents, so I'm thinking thinnish slats. It may last, it may not but I enjoyed making it in the sunshine. I just need to get around to de-lousing and painting the render before another decade's up.

Attachments

• 96302075_270952567628187_3467545213679960064_n.jpg
    96302075_270952567628187_3467545213679960064_n.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 96815006_1173327879671985_4757417699049472000_n.jpg
    96815006_1173327879671985_4757417699049472000_n.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 126
Being a long time Minecraft fan, and an even longer Diablo fan. It didn’t take much persuasion for me to join my young nephews on Minecraft Dungeons. It’s very simplistic in gameplay but good fun.
Tbh, the main appeal is spending time, albeit virtual, with the boys.

Jon C":1g354402 said:
It didn’t take much persuasion for me to join my young nephews on Minecraft Dungeons. It’s very simplistic in gameplay but good fun.
Tbh, the main appeal is spending time, (edit), with the boys.

BSVAS2k.jpg

Sorry Jon. :wink:

Weellll. The refurbed pc came from Amazon last week.
Ok. Let's face it I knew it was a gamble. But it was worth a punt on Amazon with their refund policy. Wasn't it....?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Here's the spec. Now I'm no overclocker but I remember enough that components are manufactured to different standards and so on. I knew I'd be taking a chance but the ability to be able to game occasionally tipped my hat over a new purely functional pc that would allow social media type power levels. Tinternet, You tube, Kids homework. That was the actual need. The rest was greed and you can't kid a contented man.
It's worth noting that the seller has already upped the price since I bought it from £358 .
Probably to cover the return postage. Not looking great is it lol.
If it's not a scam it's on the wrong end of honest trading.
Was left on the doorstep by DPD, not sellers fault but the box was made from two boxes sellotaped together. Oooo K. Not a great start.
Opened up it was a case wrapped in bubblewrap. Thats it. In the middle of this composition of 2 boxes. Bet it had a great journey.
Smelled of spraypaint/thinners. Opened it up and I sighed. The components listed were all in there with a couple of tiny micro fans attached. Ok. It was a risk.
I attached all the cables and booted.
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Sigh.
Checked cables and fooked about for an hour or two. In the end got it running. Edge would crash every 10 seconds. Eventually managed to get firefox on there. Oh we might actually be alright with a stable host. I downloaded Bitdefender because I already have an account and added machine. Well F. Me son we might actually be alright here...

VaVeAf5.jpg

Annnnd them BSOD.
University of Johannesburg bios lmfao. How far have the various parts in this PC travelled? :shock:
mw11pdT.jpg

Ok. Enough is enough. Do the returns process on amazon. Big box. doesn't help. Wont fit in the drop boxes despite website sizes. Drive home. Talk to a robot on Amazon. It thinks I should talk to a human. Cool. Eventually. I take it to local drop centre. No Friend he says. Pick up only. No drop off. Drive home
Beginning to growl.
Take it back. Sort a courier. Definitely growling. DPD far cheaper till you add VAT. Then parcelforce. All good. He came and picked it up today. They even bring the labels Parcelforce if you tick the box and dont have a printer. Fairplay.
Your man say. Crikey thats a big box. Nahh you're allright I say. Got much in the van? Nope I'm just going back to the depot. Right you are I say. I'll load it for you. Open the doors mate. I load the box from 2 metres away. Social distancing and all. Good shot your man says. A bit nervously to be honest. Thanks I say, have a great afternoon. I will he says. He gets back in the cab pretty fast.
The IT Buffs informed me they will refund return costs when they check the product doesnt work. The 15 photos I sent them of it going the process repeatedly not withstanding. Ok. Thanks I say via email. Are you still at this address /email/google earth pic of address? Just so I know like in case there's any issues. I refrain from getting the Owners home address from Companies House for the moment and posting that too. (hammer)
So Anyway!
Where were we.
That's gone back.
And I bought this one for the nippers and me to not game on but do serious stuff like homework in lockdown and browse UKW. Important stuff.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Its alright. Puffs and pants a little but it works great for that.

Whatcha gonna do with the old one my Mrs says. Sell it for parts I say. That will keep her quiet for a while till I begin to buy a bare minimal load of new parts to replace the ones I sell and be my first custom barebone build.
#Nolosers.

Christ..you’ve got more patience than me.

I live quite near Scan computers, so I used to build my own pcs. They have a great returns policy so if I ever encountered a compatibility problem or a faulty product, it was a short drive to sort it.

I haven’t owned a pc since 2008, sold it to get a MacBook and an Xbox one as I really wanted to play GTA4. I’ve been an apple convert ever since. The hardware is over priced tat but I do like the OS.

Back