HVLP Spray help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using my Fuji Q4 for a while now, and slowly getting better. One thing that’s concerned me is how long I can keep the paint in the gun without it going off? I’m spraying 1 pack paint, oil and water based paint. I’ve been spraying and then cleaning out the gun inbetween Coates. How long is too long to leave paint in the gun?

I’m ‘frightened it will setup inside the gun if I leave it in between coated giving hours of cleaning to repent for own stupidity!

The BIL pays good money for empty tins to avoid leaving any paint in his guns and during a job it goes back into the mixing cup.
When it's a 2k based product it never gets left any longer than the "pot life" limit. He doesn't rush so much with 1k stuff, but it doesn't hang about long.
Granted different set of circumstances as the oven does get the paint dry really quick.

I use water based paint and I happily leave it in the gun over night.
Maybe I am a bit too relaxed, but I have never had a problem (except when I left it for about a month, but even that wasn't the end of the world!)

I use water based paint and am happy to leave paint in overnight and occasionally over the weekend.

However thats using an air assisted airless system -although in some more critical as it the gun is fed through a paint line.

Latest posts

Back