How prices have changed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rorschach

Reaction score
Shredding some old tax paperwork and I found a receipt for my axminster AWVSL1000 lathe. In the 7 years since I have bought it the price has doubled. I paid £232 delivered in April 2011. Glad it's still going strong and I hope it lasts, couldn't afford to replace it now.

Same goes for the AWHBS310 I bought in the same year, price then £322 delivered. Something else I couldn't afford to replace now.

Mid noughties to 2012 ish was a sweet spot for machinery purchases I think. Imports were cheaper and also the costs of production was lower than it had been.

On the other side of the equation - top top quality cordless powertools have never been cheaper. Milwaukee fuel (brushless) stuff online is tremendous quality and cheap as bare tools.

Time was when you could pick up a set of 4 Aldi chisels for £8, initiate them and have a set of outstanding chisels for life.
Now one Rob Cosman fishtail chisel will set you back the best part of £150. You know things have got out of hand when even the Lie Nielson equivalent is 50% cheaper !!!!!!!! How people have changed.

Back