Help identifying a Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo46

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm extremely new to wood turning but fancied it for a while. I've recently moved house and set up a 10 x 12 shed which was originally for storage with the end goal it being a workshop. Well I got impatient and I've managed to section off enough of it so I now have a 4ft x 12ft "workshop" haha. I recently purchased a 2001 Cl4 in extremely good condition. After an accident moving it messed up my left hand I've finally gotten round to using it and turned my first ever piece, an oak door knob for my shed :D (pictured).

Anyway, I've gone on a ramble... I purchased this chuck along with the lathe but I'm having trouble identifying it. If anyone can help so I can purchase jaws etc further down the line that would be great. The thread appears to be 1" in diameter. Other than that I have no clue as there are no manufacturer markings on it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. All the best,

Tom

Thanks for the reply. It's 100mm wide. Trying now to find a photo to match it up and confirm.

Thanks again

I've managed to find an old eBay listing for an axminster chuck and jaws that looks exactly the same as mine so I think that settles it.

Big thanks for the help! =]

Back