Hegner availability

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverGiveUp

Reaction score
Having received excellent advice from the members I have decided to invest in a Hegner scroll saw. I have been onto the Hegner UK website which now seems to be run by Technology Supplies Ltd, however the Multicut2s variable speed which is the model I have been looking at is out of stock and won't be available till 2nd week in February. I spoke with Yandles in Somerset who have one on their website, but it turns out not to exist and the delivery is the same. Am I right in assuming that Technology Supplies are the sole UK distributor or is there anywhere else I might try? Has anybody ever tried converting a single speed unit to variable speed, I am thinking that the single speed models come up on Ebay a lot more often than the variable speed models.

Regards Philip

@NeverGU: Follow Claymore's advice. IMO you won't get better advice on here (a couple may offer equal, but none better).

AES (but don't overlook the Axi version of the Excaliburs either - 16, 21 and 30 inch models)

I have the same AWFS18 Hegner clone and can highly recommend it

Hegners are way overpriced and parts are too

Hi Claymore & AES,

Hegner told me they had a returned unit in stock and would get back to me. Never heard back from them so I have taken your advice and saved myself a few hundred pounds and ordered a Hegner clone from Axminster along with a selection of blades. I am like at kid at Christmas, can't wait to get hold of it!!

Thanks again

Philip

NeverGiveUp":8m65hhjw said:
...I am like at kid at Christmas, can't wait to get hold of it!!Philip
It will only get worse when it arrives - start printing out templates and preparing wood while you wait! :D

Chris

Back