Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By wcndave
Out of interest and as the owner of a Scheppach TS2010, what do you suggest us poor sods with non-standard mitre slots do?

Is anyone selling bars that can be migrated onto these? do Incra sell them with other sizes?

I must admit that other than industrial kit, and US kit, i have not yet seen a TS that IS the standard 3/4"

I only got the TS2010 due to it's great portability, and having a quiet induction motor, however now beginning to regret it... but not going to be able to get anything else until the kids leave home!
By Mike.C
Hi Dave NMA agencies http://nmatools.co.uk/ are the importers of Scheppach and I would contact them and ask if they can sell you a bar. If they cannot/will not sell you one, ask them for the manufacturers of the machine and see if they will play ball. What has happened to the bar that came with the mitre gauge of your machine?

If all else fails you could get an engineering company to cut you one.

Cheers

Mike
By wcndave
Well, i have the mitre still, and it's not "too" bad, however I was wondering if it's easy to "fit" it to an incra mitre?

Also the bar adjustment on those you reviewed is very handy to take out any slack...

I suppose it was a general question in relation to your note about non standard mitre slots, what does that 60% of the population do if we want a nice mitre :wink:
By jumps
wcndave wrote:Well, i have the mitre still, and it's not "too" bad, however I was wondering if it's easy to "fit" it to an incra mitre?

Also the bar adjustment on those you reviewed is very handy to take out any slack...

I suppose it was a general question in relation to your note about non standard mitre slots, what does that 60% of the population do if we want a nice mitre :wink:

can't speak for all 60% but I simply curse the slot every time I have to use it (and most times I find solutions based on the fence/sled if I need angular accuracy and the pieces are an appropriate size)

I have considered shimming the existing bar with 1.5mm teflon sheeting, which will firm it up, then install a new mitre element/fence on the existing bar - but it's WIP and not ideal.
By Mike.C
Bremner wrote:Great review, very comprehensive. I was looking at the 27 but after your review think I'll go for the 1000se think it's worth the extra pennies.

Cheers

Yes I think that all in all you have made the best choice, that's my opinion anyway.

Cheers

Mike
By Bremner
Bremner wrote:Great review, very comprehensive. I was looking at the 27 but after your review think I'll go for the 1000se think it's worth the extra pennies.

Cheers

I went for the Incra 1000HD over the SE after talking myself into spending a bit more, basically it's the same but with index stops in one degree increments. Ive had it about a month now and It's improved accuracy by 1000%, I used my chop saw for mitred cuts before which is accurate within .5 to 1 degree but with the Incra it's accurate within 0.01 degree which I can live with :wink: .
I only have a 10" dewalt contractors saw not a stationary saw because of a lack of space, but even with that the accuracy I can achieve is way past my expectations.
If you take a good hour to set it up and fine tune you can achieve 100% accurate and repeatable cuts, my retailer supplied me with a conversion kit to make it metric which was very easy to install, think it cost £10 extra for the kit but invaluable to me as I'm too young for these imperial shenanigans :wink:

Again thanks for the great review and I look forward to more comparisons.

Brem
By tisdai
Hi flounder

I can 2nd Brem about Roger, he is a really nice and very helpfull guy. He sent me a lot of info about Incra products and went out of his way to help me out. You won't go wrong if you do contact and buy any of the products he has for sale.

Cheers

Dave
By Bremner
It cost me £165 altogether that's delivered and included the metric to imperial kit. I'd give him a call (numbers on his website) if your interested his website isn't the best but he talked me through all the info I needed and placed the order over the phone. I found the HD at another tool importer which was £20 more so I think it's the best price you'll find.

Brem
By flounder
Cheers Brem and Dave, I think I will definitely go for it, although will have to wait now til the end of the month. After buying a LV BU jointer and a worksharp 30000 in the last 10 days the funds are a little depleted!