Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By aramco
[attachment=0]20180101_224024.jpg[/attachment/attachment]hi happy new year to one and all this is one of my recent attempts at intarsia done for my wife as a 51st wedding anniversary present.Now for massive clanger I have dropped mine is the one above Brians and compared to his mine is rubbish. It is made out of corian

Pain is best attention getter
Attachments
20180101_224024.jpg
king charles spanial.JPG
king charles spanial.JPG (32.2 KiB) Viewed 453 times
Last edited by aramco on 04 Jan 2018, 13:19, edited 3 times in total.
By aramco
Hi phill yes she was but I must confess it is a copy of Brian's - claymore - that he did a while ago hope he doesnt mind.

John

pain is the best attention getter
By Claymore
I love it John and looks better than mine lol sadly we lost Hamish last year but he will always be watching down on us as his Intarsia is one of the few i have on the lounge walls.
I can't get Rory our Havanese puppy to stand still long enough to get a decent photo to make a pattern of him but as he gets older maybe he will calm down a bit......he's like a Tasmanian Devil lol
Cheers
Brian
ps Do you have a Cavalier John? if so did it come from Beth (American breeder near you)?
By aramco
hi Brian thanks or the compliment, and no we do not have a cavalier any more saluki, whippet, brown border collie and a kelpi cross border collie. We did have a ruby charlie very small and he hated me he lived to a ripe old age I worked away for most of his life or we could have had major problems.

I have nearly finished a Clydesdale and foal but without harness and made them black and white only have to do the colour round their feet I did this as I love gypsie type horses had a few over the last 15 years none now I am too old to mess on now.

why did you choose Axminster over hegner scroll saws ??

john

By Claymore
aramco wrote:hi Brian thanks or the compliment, and no we do not have a cavalier any more saluki, whippet, brown border collie and a kelpi cross border collie. We did have a ruby charlie very small and he hated me he lived to a ripe old age I worked away for most of his life or we could have had major problems.

I have nearly finished a Clydesdale and foal but without harness and made them black and white only have to do the colour round their feet I did this as I love gypsie type horses had a few over the last 15 years none now I am too old to mess on now.

why did you choose Axminster over hegner scroll saws ??

john

Hi john,
Why did i choose Axminster over Hegner I didn't Ruth saw me struggling with my Parkside scrollsaw and the arm was bent amongst other faults and one day I received an email from Axminster telling me they had dispatched my saw :D Ruth had looked in my Axminster catalogue (they were brill gert big thick printed catalogues in them days 4 years ago to be exact) and picked a Trade saw. I'm glad she did as its been a pleasure to use and no problems plus Axminster a great to deal with etc......when i decided i needed a bigger saw for the 7ft Red Kite I made the new EX30 at Axminsters was my first choice and it also is lovely to use...quite different in feel probably due to the short top arm compared to the long arm on the first saw but just as smooth and well built. There are 3 companies who I would trust to make a good saw and they are Axminster, Delta (don't own one but have seen lovely work produced on them) and Hegner.
:lol: had to laugh about the Charlie hating ya :lol: our Hamish loved EVERYONE we never heard him growl and only barked if ya teased him a real laid back little fella, Rory the Havanese is on a different planet :shock: I have never seen such a fast runner (actually he sort of hop skips and jumps) but he's the first dog we have had that actually fetches his toys and I think given time he will be a clever dog when he grow up a bit (5 months old now) we have had Rotties, Sheltie, 3 Smooth Collies, Pug, Greyhound, Cavalier and a very vicious cat lol.
Ruth's into horses but I like to look at them not ride em. My Horses had big engines in. :D

Cheers
Brian