Hammer A3 26 : any owners here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim321

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering buying a Hammer A3-26 planer/thicknesser. Does anyone have this model? Not sure if I should go for the spiral cutters,thicknesser gauge,extensions etc. or should also look at the larger A3-31?The other machine I have considered is a Sedgwick PT255. Thanks in advance for any advice given. Tim

I have the A3-41 with spiral cutter block,digital depth gauge and extension tables.
The size of machine really depends on your requirements.
The machines are good quality and I really like the performance of the spiral cutter block apart from the quietness the blade replacement is easy with no fiddling about with setting the height

andys wood shed":13rfrty8 said:
I have the A3-41 with spiral cutter block,digital depth gauge and extension tables.
The size of machine really depends on your requirements.
The machines are good quality and I really like the performance of the spiral cutter block apart from the quietness the blade replacement is easy with no fiddling about with setting the height

+1

I have been very impressed with the Hammer Silent Power planer I have used a couple of times. Although I had a woodworker contact me from Germany asking my advice as his would stall if planing more than .5mm deep cut when thicknessing wide Ash.

Any problems with you regular users?

Cheers Peter

Back