Grumpy Fish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silversam

Established Member
Reaction score
Here’s one I did using small scraps of wood I scrounged. Some of the wood was very old floor boards but it was very gummy and sticky, don’t know why. Played havoc with the sander. Won’t use that wood again. I am also working on another Judy gale Roberts pattern. Not far off finished but it’s been the hardest one I have done so far. I have learnt a few things along the way though. The main thing I learnt was not to go in the garage in the winter months. So cold but wanted to crack on with it. Can you guess what it is going to be. The one with the eyes. Will post photo when it’s finished. I have taken images of the project along the way from the start if anyone is interested in seeing them. A work in progress so to speak.

Attachments

• 2EC9FBC8-66E5-409D-9FA6-E0E4A7988466.jpeg
    2EC9FBC8-66E5-409D-9FA6-E0E4A7988466.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 727
  • 3DE410DF-D2D2-4EE9-B41F-425899F98048.jpeg
    3DE410DF-D2D2-4EE9-B41F-425899F98048.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 727
Lovely job.

Yep, the grain definitely makes it a "grumpy fish".

And, yes, everyone loves a W.I.P. please do post.

Phill

P.S. I struggle sourcing wood here in Orkney and have had great success chatting up the local builders/commercial joiners for hardwood offcuts. They're predominantly oak and mahogany but that's fine.

Hi. I’m trying to post some photos for the work in progress but they are going on sideways for some reason in the preview. Anyone any ideas as to what is wrong or how I can rectify it. The originals are the normal way. Thanks.

like the fish and having seen your last work in progress i guess it was the lion cub.

john

pain is h best attention getter

Back