Grout Haze

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had a new kitchen fitted and my lovely oak worktops that were glistening with the six or seven coats of oil I'd worked into them now have a powdery white patina which I believe is called grout hazy. For a guy who told me he was a bit OCD about cleanliness he didn't half make - and leave - an awful lot of mess behind. And I say that as someone who is a naturally messy worker!

I've wiped it with a damp cloth, dry cloth and ones carrying a solution of distilled white vinegar and it's still there. Kitchen fitter has said just to apply more oil but I think all that will do is seal it in. Suggestions please?

Time machine - tape & plastic - time machine. :D

If constantly washing it doesn't do the trick, you might be left with the only option being to scrape the finish off and re-apply.

Thanks. I wouldn't mind so much but I provided them with a huge dust sheet and found it stuffed in a box! Now it's dried, the vinegar solution looks to be lifting it.

Back