Great news, MAC is back. Open day Sat 14th October

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Mike and Rene are celebrating with an open day at their new place in Lower Benefield.
Mike Cawthorne
Stocks Hill Cottage
Stocks Hill
Lower Benefield
Peterborough
PE8 5AD
http://www.mactimbers.com
Not sure who else will be there but all being well I shall take a little display to look at and possibly a few choice bits for sale.
Cheers
Andy

Great news, but why are the East Midlands so far away! :(

I'll be there, looking forward to seeing a bunch of familar faces from the previous open days.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just bringing this to be top.
Be great to meet up with one and all tomorrow, not compulsory to buy ought :wink:
Mike and Rene would love to see you 8)
Cheers
Andy

Some photos from today

Richard Arnolds planes by Racers, on Flickr

Planks by Racers, on Flickr

Ash by Racers, on Flickr

Turning blanks by Racers, on Flickr

Logs by Racers, on Flickr

Wood pile by Racers, on Flickr

He is still getting things sorted but he has quite a bit of nice wood, including a massive bit of 2" thick blacker than black bog oak that had me drooling.
Rich Arnold was there with his planes which look very nice, and Andy (tools-n-tat) with his collection of fantastic old tools.

Pete

They're a great timber yard, one of the best, so it's excellent that they're back up running again. Over the years I've had some outstanding Brown Oak, Tiger Oak, Elm, and English Walnut from MAC, all the stuff that as a British woodworker you should be using, but is increasingly hard to find in mainstream yards. If you're within driving distance you should get yourself down there, you won't be disappointed.

Racers":y4qpcabp said:
Some photos from today

Richard Arnolds planes by Racers, on Flickr

Planks by Racers, on Flickr

Ash by Racers, on Flickr

Turning blanks by Racers, on Flickr

Logs by Racers, on Flickr

He is still getting things sorted but he has quite a bit of nice wood, including a massive bit of 2" thick blacker than black bog oak that had me drooling.
Rich Arnold was there with his planes which look very nice, and Andy (tools-n-tat) with his collection of fantastic old tools.

Pete

Argh Pete - Didn't realise that was you with the camera - didn't catch your name - I was the young'ish (who am I kidding at 32!) bloke in the red top generally hanging around Mikes workbench/tablesaw. It was a great day out, nice to see so many familiar faces - sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to Steve Maskery either - but good to see you there Steve.

Hopefully this is just the first of many such events, I think Mike and Rene really enjoyed seeing lots of the "old" crowd and some new faces too.

Tom.

Hi Tom

Wher you the chap with the No4 and scary sharp?
Name badges might be in order with aliases and real names!

Pete

Well, that was nice 8)
Great to meet up with folks and thanks to Mike n Rene for booking a nice day =D>
Made a weekend of it around the Welland Valley, what beauty all condensed in such a relatively small area with stunning views.
Well worth checking out next time as pictured in this thread I found http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/ ... o-Wakerley
Cheers
Andy

Racers":hrjz7b38 said:
Hi Tom

Wher you the chap with the No4 and scary sharp?
Name badges might be in order with aliases and real names!

Pete
That was me Pete, yep we should definitely do name badges in future :lol:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back