GOT and other TV series

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColeyS1":1uutjrej said:
I watched 'fractured' on Netflix yesterday. I didn't sleep very good last night

I watched that too. Had you going right till the end and what a twist - I have to say I didn't quite see that one coming. LOL

Dibs-h":2pt0vmmd said:
ColeyS1":2pt0vmmd said:
I watched 'fractured' on Netflix yesterday. I didn't sleep very good last night

I watched that too. Had you going right till the end and what a twist - I have to say I didn't quite see that one coming. LOL
Completely agree ! It completely messed with my brain in a good way.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I finished watching breaking bad and it was absolutely fantastic!! El Camino was a huge disappointment though. Perhaps if I had waited 6 years for it I may have like it more.

one I've been waiting for for YEARS is taboo season 2, the first one was very good.

ColeyS1":1k57l7ff said:
I finished watching breaking bad and it was absolutely fantastic!! El Camino was a huge disappointment though. Perhaps if I had waited 6 years for it I may have like it more.

I saw el Camino as the 'missing episode', showing Jesse growing up (finally). I liked, not loved, it.

Walter White's comment: "you didn't have to wait your whole life to do something amazing" wow. Very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Anyone looking forward to "The Irishman"? Not strictly a TV series, but will be available on Netflix a couple of weeks after cinematic release. It looks like one of those ones that's worth watching on the big screen but 3.5 hours is a real slog if they don't have an intermission! :lol:

sammy.se":2duixvij said:
Walter White's comment: "you didn't have to wait your whole life to do something amazing" wow. Very interesting.

I wonder if it's slightly 4th wall-esque in that Bryan Cranson, whilst an excellent actor in many roles before BB had to wait until he was in his 50's before he played one of the most critically acclaimed characters of all time (Which became that mostly due to his own excellent acting), Whilst Aaron Paul was only 29 when he started portraying Jesse, which propelled him into the same limelight at a fairly young age comparatively. They both did something amazing.

Watched Fracture, not as good as I expected.

Thoroughly recommend Giri/Haji (BBC4). 8 episodes, very enjoyable. Bit of Samurai/13 Assassins, Lock Stock S/barrels, a few hints of Notting Hill at times, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs/Tarantino and much more.

Good to see Van Morrison has finally made a proper album.

Giri/Haji was pretty good. I enjoyed the first episode of Guilt on Wednesday and looking forward to His Dark Materials and the forthcoming 3 part adaptation of War of The Worlds.
As for Streaming content, El Camino was excellent and 'The boys' (on Amazon) was very good.

Trevanion":3l885laf said:
I wonder if it's slightly 4th wall-esque in that Bryan Cranson, whilst an excellent actor in many roles before BB had to wait until he was in his 50's before he played one of the most critically acclaimed characters of all time (Which became that mostly due to his own excellent acting), Whilst Aaron Paul was only 29 when he started portraying Jesse, which propelled him into the same limelight at a fairly young age comparatively. They both did something amazing.

Wow, very good observation/theory. Could be...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Binge watched Jack Ryan season 2 last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The twist at the end - didn't quite expect that tbh (but that might be me - LOL )

scooby":212di3nl said:
Giri/Haji was pretty good. I enjoyed the first episode of Guilt on Wednesday and looking forward to His Dark Materials and the forthcoming 3 part adaptation of War of The Worlds.
As for Streaming content, El Camino was excellent and 'The boys' (on Amazon) was very good.
I got all excited about WotW after seeing the trailer. The BBC made it but, from what I can see, sold it to another network. Can't find the third episode anywhere and reviews only talk of two episodes. Check out the scores on IMDB if you like disappointment. The first one was OK...

Just finished rewatching Game Of Thrones followed by the making of documentary.

Not sure what went on on set? But in the documentary whilst looking at the making of props and weapons at 5 min 14secs there's a shot of a white board. Third item on their shopping list is ummmm
Interesting :shock: :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• 20191101_185754.jpeg
    20191101_185754.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0372_kindlephoto-988957106.jpg
    IMG_0372_kindlephoto-988957106.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 309
Nelsun":33vdoxy0 said:
scooby":33vdoxy0 said:
I got all excited about WotW after seeing the trailer. The BBC made it but, from what I can see, sold it to another network. Can't find the third episode anywhere and reviews only talk of two episodes. Check out the scores on IMDB if you like disappointment. The first one was OK...

Yeah, from what I've read wotw (I read that as wow...I'm a warcraft fan :roll: ) has already been screened elsewhere in the world..

Hmm..I think I'll give the reviews a miss. :mrgreen:

"See" has surprised me by being quite good.

The new Watchmen, after an uninspiring start, is still on the current watch list too. It's a departure from the graphic novel but I'm curious to see where it goes.

Not sure about The Mandelorian yet after two episodes. The twist in the second episode has ensured I'll catch the third.

His Dark Materials has taken foot in the house but I have to find other things to do as it's too Hogwartsy for me. If you're a fan of Harold Porter or whatever he's called then I'm sure it'll tick the right boxes.

This is Us is still compulsive viewing and probably my most loved show in yonks. Even compared to GoT no less.

Kong Skull Island is on Netflix

Not great but better than expected.

1933 King Kong is on the (edit its gone from the iplayer)

I saw the 3 hour Peter Jackson epic at the cinema omg twice as long as the original and half as good.

Speaking of long films someone mentioned the Irishman coming soon to Netflix, count me in but no way at the cinema toooo long. Didn't see Blade Runner 2049 at the cinema (currently on Netflix) for the same reason despite the great reviews, 2 hrs 44 min no thanks I'll wait. Same director currently working on a Dune remake bet that's another long film.

Netflix Special

Watched the Irishman last night, good not great and an hour too long. CGI didn't grate maybe thanks to my small screen.

Watched all three seasons of the Crown recently, 3rd season a bit disapointing might be the cast but the Aberfan episode was a stand out and the wiki page is a shocking read. Guess a foreign audience/the younger generation might get more from it, bit like the Titanic in parts as you know whats coming but the earlier Suez episode was also an education.

Started Breaking Bad but I stalled mid season 2 into it, maybe I'll try again when I've finished/ given up on Hannibal (mid season 1 at mo).

Just finished a couple of Amazon Prime Series.
Jack Ryan series two, better than the first series which I also enjoyed.
The Boys, not your usual superhero stuff and certainly not for kids :shock: .

Latest posts

Back