Garage wall installation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed209

Established Member
Reaction score
I have asked before a long time ago but would like a reminder please. My garage has a exposed single concrete block wall and the other is side is the cavity wall of the house. I am splitting my garage in half width ways with a stud dividing wall so I have doorways either end. On the external block wall I was planning on 2x2 studding it putting 50mm Celotex in between then boarding with ply, is this ok as i recall needing a breathable barrier. Presumably I can do the same on the opposite wall that adjoins the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quick question. Is either side going to be used for garaging a car or motorcycle? Or even petrol driven engines?
If so you should think carefully about fireproof (or at least fire resistant) walls because of insurance company get outs.

You could put 50mm celetex tight against the wall, butting the sheets againgst each other with no gaps.

The joins can be silver taped to achieve a vapour barrier. Screw on 50 x 25 battens flat, then ply over.

This method means no thermal bridging, no timber against a cold damp wall and a small cavity to the inside.

The method youve suggested will also work.

Back