Fun project - no woodwork involved

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a S/H Kettler pedal go cart for my granddaughter a couple of weeks ago, one of the pics shows it moving slowly under little girl power :) but it's not easy for a 5 year old so...a defunct electric golf trolley, a lot of head scratching, a little innovation to use stuff I already have et voila!

Stripped down and modified to accept the trolley rear axle, motor and wheels, battery box from sheet aluminium, floor from 10mm expanded PVC, accelerator on when kept pressed switch from I can't remember where, horn button with loud two tone siren from an alarm panel, ( wife is going to LOVE that when she finds out :twisted: ), speed control via a potentiometer and a seat belt for safety along with her bike crash helmet though it only goes at fast walking pace.
Just need a cheap rubber car mat from the Poundshop to complete.

She's going to be blown away when we have her for the day on Tuesday. :D

Actually, thinking about the siren, I might go fishing that day. :wink: :lol:

Attachments

• D.jpg
    D.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 900
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 900
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 900
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 900
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 900
sunnybob":2ann6s0t said:
any thoughts on brakes?
Doesn't need them Bob.

Only goes at fast walking pace though I'll keep the potentiometer down lower until she gets the hang of it and it stops pretty quickly as soon as the pedal switch is released as still under load from the motor.
I think the golf trolley motors are braked anyway.

Apart from that we'll only let her use it in the back garden as we have about an acre of grass where the only thing she'll need to dodge is the dog. :D

Thanks for the comments.

I'm picking her up in half an hour as we have her for the day, won't take her long to realise the button on the floor works the siren. Anyone know of a good divorce lawyer? #-o

Stanleymonkey":3cn7tuu9 said:
Nice - how was the fishing?

:D Been fishing today for a few hours, too bright, too windy so tough going but landed 6 decent trout and lost twice that number.

Latest posts

Back