UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, havent noticed you post if you have done before this one.
Good to see you getting back into it after your loss.

We are reasonably well for our ages thanks. The sun keeps me well, its been an above average sunshine this spring. I had to extend my pergola, as you can see in the lower of the two links in my sig.
Last night we had heavy rain though, but thats the first since ,,,ummm,,, I think it was february. (g).
I was out there at 10 pm with a torch checking on the tiles for leaks, but its good.

There was water rationing the first year we were here. It was so bad that they had supertankers filled with water from mainland greece pumping it ashore. Every area was on a rolling cut off for 2 days a week.
They even had to swallow their pride and pipe it in from the illegal north.

But now there are desalination plants to relieve any really bad times, although i think this year will be testing because of the increase in tourism. Its gone ballistic after terrorist attacks at many other resorts. Every hotel in ayia napa has extended upwards one and even two floors. Building has picked up after an 8 year recession and the main towns are now getting traffic levels to almost rival the UK. dont know how theyre going to supply water for all this lot.

We have regular storms here, its known as the lightning capital of the med. i like watching them.
Theres a screech owl lives somewhere near, and it occasionally swoops across our back garden on its way into an olive grove. Its a big bird, must be over 2 foot wing span. Frightened our visitor last night with its noise (lol).

Loads of barn swallow everywhere, and last week while driving along a deserted country road I almost collided with a crane (the wading type) as it was about to land just in front of me. That one must have been more than 4 foot across.
Amazing amount of bird life here, even flamingoes through the winter, feeding in the salt lakes that dry out in summer.

Latest posts

Back