Forum Users Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAKITA 3612C- table........good workhorse
DEWALT 618PK (plunge/combi import)............poor at best
POWER DEVIL 1/4" (freehand routing)............best £15 ever spent

CMT 1850 in Rat and Leigh. (mostly rat it has to be said)
Bosch 1300ACE (Poor router, spindle not concentric with guide bush. It has been replaced and mucked about by Bosch to no avail. I just use it freehand now or router table)
Bosch POF 500A, freehand

Trend T5 - Can't go wrong cheap, and well made (my favourite combination!)

Dewalt 625ek - horrible brute of a thing but does the tough stuff well!

I now have my T11 back - well done Trend for managing a recall so very well. They lent me a T9 in the short term and also gave me a 5 piece 1/2" cutter set. The only thing I would say is never buy a T9! Just awful - it only survived not being swung into the field by its cord because it was on loan.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

tim":p5fgx2m9 said:
The only thing I would say is never buy a T9! Just awful - it only survived not being swung into the field by its cord because it was on loan.

Sounds as though you had a Friday afternoon jobby. What were the problems?

Cheers
Neil

Waka":3f72yw5v said:
Are you going to expand?

Bearing in mind that I didn't have it for long and I nolonger have it, I have to remember waht was so poor about it:

The height adjuster was flimsy plastic and inaccurate
The casting quality was poor
The springs were far, far too stiff to allow a decent plunge action
The trigger switch which has to be depressed to work is absurd - makes inverted use impossible -(without a large amount of duct tape holding it on :twisted: ).
It was really noisy and when I did use it , it also smelled very oily, as though it was working beyond its comfort zone.

Apart from that it was fine :D

Cheers

Tim

NewbieNeil":1q4ssbn5 said:
I don't recognise anything there except the plunge action being a little stiffer that I might wish.

I must have made it up then :roll:

Does yours not have a trigger switch that has to be held down at all times?

Cheers

Tim

John p":1w8m4bed said:
Dewalt 625EK - Woodrat
Perles 808E - Handwork
Small JCB/ T3 copy - small work
B&Q 2050R -Table
It's nice to see that I am not the only one using a Perles808.

Tim

Trend have an accessory for the T9 called a trigger lock that clips over the switch and holds it on for use in a router table.

Like Neil I'd have to say that apart from the fierce springs my own experience of the T9 does not match yours. Compared to the truly awful B&Q router I had before it was a revelation and is certainly not on my 'items I regret purchasing' list

Graeme

Hi Tim

tim":10k5yndt said:
Does yours not have a trigger switch that has to be held down at all times?

Yes, I've just remembered. :oops:

Oh well, you're back with your T11 now.

I saw Steve's T11 and it seems to be a good machine.

Cheers
Neil

Tim

I have mine mounted in a table and have not experienced any problems to date. I have it connected to a switch on the side of the table so the trigger switch is not a problem.

Well it sounds like I had a duff one. Still it was on loan (but it was brand new) so no harm done.

Cheers

Tim

Hi all,
Just like David (from the hams)

I have 'old faithful' an ELU MOF 96E, although I don't use it now as often as I did, it is still going strong. :wink: :)

Hi all

Trend T3
DW621K - a fantastic router.
DW625
Trend T9

Oh and a couple of Ferms, which I would rate as my my worst woodworking buy, ever.

Cheers
Neil

the router magazine says you can buy a freud 2000e for £110 i wish they would say what dealer is selling them :wink: :wink: :D

frank

Back