Finer Joinery & Cabinet Making

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Who is that aimed at? custard?

do I qualify?

Pete

What a kick in the teeth!
Way to go and shroud the effin years of efforts of all these people who have been posting here.

The new look is a balls alltogether as there is no effort to make it a community
Whomever made these decisions is obviously just plain lazy and not bothered about the things that matter.

I'll bet your woodwork reflects this attitude too, if you haven't given it up allready.

Pathetic and insulting is what you are.

Tom Trees

Ttrees":3g8hzekr said:
Way to go and shroud the effin years of efforts of all these people who have been posting here.

The new look is a balls alltogether as there is no effort to make it a community
Whomever made these decisions is obviously just plain lazy and not bothered about the things that matter.

I'll bet your woodwork reflects this attitude too, if you haven't given it up allready.

Tom Trees

Are you feeling OK?

tomatwark":1lr1s7ng said:
Who's going to judge what is fine?
If it takes weeks of argument over tool setup, months to train the already-Master craftsmen, and years to make the thing, it's probably Fine...

Racers":1lr1s7ng said:
Who judges the judges?
Judge not, lest ye be judged.

I imagine the finer stuff is for the works of those who know (most of) all there is to know and possibly have their own books, DVDs and websites, whilst those like me who are just learning to make blocks of wood go together would post that up in the General section?

Ttrees":1kgr5zty said:

Tom Trees

Do we get to know who that was aimed at? :?

Tasky":16i3l4w9 said:
tomatwark":16i3l4w9 said:
Who's going to judge what is fine?
If it takes weeks of argument over tool setup, months to train the already-Master craftsmen, and years to make the thing, it's probably Fine...

Racers":16i3l4w9 said:
Who judges the judges?
Judge not, lest ye be judged.

I imagine the finer stuff is for the works of those who know (most of) all there is to know and possibly have their own books, DVDs and websites, whilst those like me who are just learning to make blocks of wood go together would post that up in the General section?

I think it will put beginners off posting their projects.

Pete

What ever happened to a poll?
Has Kim taken ownership of the forum or something ?
That's why I'm annoyed, and I'm sure everyone else who has put effort into their posts
feels the same.
Its an inconsiderate act

I think you are right Pete.

Over the years there has been a lot of friendly help and observations about folks projects, where they went wrong, easier ways of doing things, etc.

This has a real sense of them and us about it.

Racers":22eln6u7 said:
I think it will put beginners off posting their projects.
And you don't think posting their Newbie stuff, that looks more like mutated LEGO™ than decent furniture, alongside the fine works of Sefton, Charlesworth, Maskery and Maddex is already intimidating? :lol:

We should all nail some pallets/fence panels together and post the results.

Pete

At last! Somewhere to post my 50mp professional quality photos of all of the outstanding work wot I have done. 8)

Latest posts

Back