Finer Joinery & Cabinet Making

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well with this new section at least I will have somewhere to display my fine woodturning and fine models as they both have fine joints in them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a lot of fuss over nothing. We are all old enough to decide for ourselves which section to post stuff in, who cares really? It's a woodworking forum not life and death.

Dalboy":1bbq21wm said:
Well with this new section at least I will have somewhere to display my fine woodturning and fine models as they both have fine joinery in them

As long as they meet the high standards of the yet unknown decision maker...

Adidat

AndyT":1mekydi5 said:
However, if you use current American English, as many forum readers or YouTube viewers will, then "joinery" is just a fancy word for "joints".

Andy, amongst cabinet makers the word "joinery", as shorthand for all the work related to the actual joints in a piece of furniture, has been in use in the UK for as long as I can remember, certainly from before the internet.

I wasn't aware my post had become a sticky and have only realised it had been moved to a new section.
I'm running on empty this week. Mother was taken to hospital and I've been looking after my niece and her vast array of pets since, I've only had a quick read through of this thread and agree with what most are saying.
If anything the original long section title would have been better just renaming to projects, instead of all the other stuff that followed. If anything the casement window thread may have been better suited to a how to section. It's certainly not carpentry or cabinet making, it's just standard bread n butter joinery imho.
I'm sure the intentions were good, but dumbing it down to just 'projects' would have been better imho. Has the turning section gone as well now ? Only been away a few days and it's kicking right off again lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think there's been a typo - It should be Finger Joinery.
It's clearly a section for cabinet and box making!!

I have to ask, if this is finer joinery and cabinet making, why has this been moved in there? Does that mean not finer cabinet making but any old cabinet making?

How about a dedicated "Sharpening, cap irons and I don't like change" section [that's permanently locked]?

:lol:

Change is good, when the change is good.
So I hope this changes, it seems to me like it will again before long,
as I can't see anyone sitting back and thinking to themselves... job well done.

Why hide users names on the main page during the previous change?
You don't have any idea who's online with all the subforums now.
Quite detrimental for the community vibe that was going on here before.

Money money money, me thinks

I would like to propose that the word 'Finer' is taken out, leaving a forum called'Joinery & Cabinet Making'. IMHO this would take the'sting' out of the problem.

Neil

That's a good idea.

On a related note, I was looking at the forum on a PC earlier. The board index had fresh descriptions for most of the sections, but not for the new FJ&CM. Maybe someone is still thinking about it.

Oddly, looking now on my phone, I see no descriptions, even if I deliberately request the desktop site.

See the finer has gone.

Still wonder if a couple of sub sections, would be a good idea, so as the area fills up it is easier to fine something furniture or joinery related.

As the site is a good information resource.

Just had a look at the new forum layout on my pc. I think it looks really really good. Keep up the good work to all involved !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back