Finally finish my MFT style bench!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscoStu

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it’s only been about 2 years in the thinking (mostly procrastinating) / building.

Finally finished my MFT style cutting bench. Used the parfguide system for the holes. All the drawers are push to open so no need to make handles. I’m pretty pleased with my bench dog storage. You’ll see that I have a hose and plug it cable ready to go. The extractor is controlled by one of the remotes. Rails sit on the wall (which is where they were previously.

So far so good!

The extractor isn’t generally used in the workshop as I have a cyclone and dust collection system, but it’s nice to have a place to store it.

I might change the top at some point because the MDF wasn’t flat and it’s not quite how I wanted it to be, but it’s square and doing the job.

Thanks to Peter Parfitt for sending me his mobile bench plans.
ae979fec0f433af62b07a6dbfbc996d3.jpg
2a345ae6aef8896b2d676bea44cd590d.jpg
007584e228b74deb34576129b0a4bc88.jpg
4831f04f715c5f4221328a493e85c6ef.jpg
f607b873ab0d789234082fa1422af52a.jpg

Oh please excuse the Yellow and Black. I can’t really see the advantage in the Festool drill and for the price I can buy a top end Dewalt Combi and impact.

Looks really good, in particular your guide rail storage system is inspired. Normally they're either a faff to get out, or stored where it's only a matter of time before they get trodden on and bent!

=D>

The guide rail storage was literally just some old scraps lying about. The bits that you twist are actually a bit of feather edge from my spa house. That said they work really well.

I do have a rail bag as well for when I take them out for the day!

Oh my... I'm in love, so much festool =P~

Shop looks awesome and v well organised !

You're lacking in quick clamps though!!

Ah thanks. Not as much Festool as it probably looks. A couple of sustainers are for hand tools and one if for my Dewalt drill and impact.

As for the quick clamps - Aldlidl (I forget which) from anyear or so ago. £5 for a pair or something like that. So just stocked up.

I’ve got some beast kwik klamps as well and a few bigger F clamps.

Also have quite a bit of Ryobi which was before I found a love for the Festool shade of green.

5fa78768a9fe2ff96bd7c36fb9af4223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back