fed up with football?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Next time you hear a footballer has done something "heroic" watch this and weep.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... t-disaster

I didn't see it the first time around for some reason, and I came across it looking for something .... anything ......... to avoid more football and the tripe the opposite channels air when there's football on.
I was in a pub in Portreath (North coast) when someone came in late in the evening and shouted "the Penlee lifeboat's gone down" - I have never seen so many people silenced so quickly. Many there were fishermen and crabbers who knew their lives at times might depend on a lifeboat. "There was always that suspicion it wasn't going to be a very good night" - he certainly got that right. I have been in a forty five foot boat off that coast in fifty foot waves - it is not my idea of fun.

R.I.P. some incredibly brave men.

Someone said to me , because of C02 shortage.
Having the lads over with a few 6 packs of Stella and spending all evening watching footie.
They might end up, watchin the tele, each holding a glass of water. Dave and Vicky bend it like Beckham. Yeah.

Back