Elu EBS 3401 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiechatts

Reaction score
Good morning all, and thanks to all who advised me on my Kity machine.

I am with my begging bowl again....I have bought an Elu bandsaw 3401 it works, but has no manual....but I have worked with bandsaws so I think I am okay. I have had to strip the table section out as the blade guides were stiff and two guides were missing.
What I am troubled about is the speed it is running at. It is a 750-watt motor that is slow....I am not sure if it is a two-speed machine, I can see there is an option to move the motor, and there is a second pully that I could move the drive belt over..but I would like to know from YOU experts out there before I do it...

Thank...Rob

I had one of those years ago. Maybe over 30 years ago. Smashing little machines. My bro still has mine and it is as good as the day I bought it.
If yours has two different pulleys on the lower wheel, that is what they are for - different speeds. The smaller pulley will give the greater speed.

Hi Rob

From memory, ( we sold Elu and DeWalt many years ago ) and though I might be mistaken this bandsaw was identical to the DeWalt 3401.

I used to have the variable speed DeWalt 3501 version and still have the manual which covers both the 2 speed and variable speed on a pdf. If you think it might help just pm me with your email address and I'll get it to you pronto.

Bob

Attachments

• DW 3501 b.jpg
    DW 3501 b.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 110
I'll send it tonight Rob but would suggest you edit your post and remove your email address. Never a good idea to put it on an open forum

Hi Rob

From memory, ( we sold Elu and DeWalt many years ago ) and though I might be mistaken this bandsaw was identical to the DeWalt 3401.

I used to have the variable speed DeWalt 3501 version and still have the manual which covers both the 2 speed and variable speed on a pdf. If you think it might help just pm me with your email address and I'll get it to you pronto.

Bob

May I ask you for a copy too? I've recently purchased one...

Hello there .... I bought one of those last year..... agree with comments . It’s a great Machine. And yes it is two speed....I even found somewhere to buy replacement inserts where the blade runs through table....
Keep it clean and you should have no problems.,,,

Hi Rob

Bob
Hi Bob, would you be able to send me a copy of the DeWalt bandsaw manual please if you still have it. My email address is [email protected]
Many thanks
Andy

Bob kindly sent me a copy.
Common fault is the tensioning bolt threads stripping,

Attachments

• Bandsaw - DW738 (Elu 3401).pdf
    1,002 KB · Views: 0
Bob kindly sent me a copy.
Common fault is the tensioning bolt threads stripping,
Thanks very much Robbo3. That's exactly what's happened to mine. I've ordered a new bolt and knob so should b here next week.
Andy.

Yes that's the right place. They have most parts available if not then they will order them in from their supplier.

Parts for my bandsaw arrived today from Miles Tool And Machinery Centre. Excellent quality, all fitted and the bandsaw is working perfectly again.

Back