Elu db 180 lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have just brought a lathe from another member on here, does anyone have one of the elu DB180 I have no Manuel so if anyone has one a photo copy of it would be great I will pay postage , I would like a chuck to fit this but been told I need an insert can anyone point me in the right directon when I have an insert can then get a chuck I am told the spindle is 18mm x 2.5 this does not mean a lot to me so your help would be appreciated
Thanks ........Roger

Could try Googling then see who else might have it, contact them and ask if would be good enough to scan a copy to PDF and send it to you. Also Google images then will get links to other owners to ask same.

Hi Roger and wlcome to the mad house.

I started with an Elu that I bought second hand. It came with a Craft supplies collect chuck system.
Unfortunately my lathe developed an electrical fault and as spares are no longer available it is now sitting in my shed doing nothing.
You are right when you say it has an 18mm x2.5 spindle thread. I do know that several companies do an adaptor insert for their chucks so all is not lost.

I still have all the chuck system and a few face plates etc plus the old lathe which is good for spares. If you are interested let me know. I am not far away as I live a couple of miles from heathrow.

As usual everything is very heavy so postage is not really an option.

Have now got a chuck for my lathe and made a few bits very satisfied with the lathe it's old but runs as sweet as a nut looking forward to making a bowl or two managed to find a set of record turning tools on ebay have been used but not much and 3 marples turning tools as well just got to get used to sharpening them

procell":b0hvakj0 said:
Hi Roger and wlcome to the mad house.

I started with an Elu that I bought second hand. It came with a Craft supplies collect chuck system.
Unfortunately my lathe developed an electrical fault and as spares are no longer available it is now sitting in my shed doing nothing.
You are right when you say it has an 18mm x2.5 spindle thread. I do know that several companies do an adaptor insert for their chucks so all is not lost.

I still have all the chuck system and a few face plates etc plus the old lathe which is good for spares. If you are interested let me know. I am not far away as I live a couple of miles from heathrow.

As usual everything is very heavy so postage is not really an option.

Hi Procell, I don't suppose you still have the chuck or faceplate for the Elu DB180 do you? My search so far has produced zilch. If so please contact Jahwoosh on here please. Many thanks.

Hi Procell, I don't suppose you still have the chuck or faceplate for the Elu DB180 do you? My search so far has produced zilch. If so please contact Jahwoosh on here please. Many thanks.
Quick Reply

Jahwoosh":2aiotu6z said:
Many thanks Duncan will check these out further. Did see Sorby site, but their chucks are so expensive.
Record are knocking £10 off the SC4 in their Spring Promotion, now £129 - but you can probably get an even better deal if you go to one of the shows. The Midlands show is on 22/23 March in Newark but of course travel costs will add up - but should be a good day out.
Duncan

Back