elecrics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again this may have been hashed out long before my arrival in this forum so here goes,forgive me if it has. :ho2

for instance if I bought a hegner single speed would / could it be possible to convert it to a variable speed 400 / 1700 rpm and if it is possile would it just a simple change out of the motor.

Also while I am here how does one get a memory stick full of photos onto this forum ??

thank in advance
John

pain is the best attention getter

I'm not quite sure (I'm not a Hegner owner) but I'm pretty sure that I've read here that single speed Hegners cannot be converted. But to be 100% sure I suggest you wait until a Hegner owner comes along - shouldn't be too long.

Re a stick full of photos. First, do they fit within the allowed size format? If not you'll have to downsize them first (I use Win Picture Manager for that - there are many other methods)

2nd, how many pix exactly? The Forum software allows only 10 pix within a single post. But as I found out only yesterday, what you can do is make, say 2 new posts one after the other. You make your second post of just a single word (e.g. "reserved"), then place your first 10 pix in your 1st post, then delete the "reserved" word from your 2nd post and then post your next 10 pix.

Mind you, if your stick is holding, say 300 photos, then I don't think the above method is entirely practical!!! If so I suggest you ask a mod (look at the "general forum queries" section right down the bottom of the Forum start page.

HTH

AES

Did get in touch with hegner about motor swap out and it is ok but the price id prohibitive £340+ it is all academic now as i did not win the saw I was after on eBay I am bidding on another one now but fear I will loose this one as well as my pockets appear to be not deep enough, I am very surprised just how much money used hegners cost even at 30 years old. Have not got round to trying pictures yet

thanks
John

pain is the best attention getter
- just back from the dentist took 2 hours to remove one tooth not the dentists fault mine for having deep rooted teeth never felt a thing even went to sleep =D> -

John don't forget to keep an eye on Gumtree/freeads/Loot etc as I have seen some bargains on there in the past.

Brian

Back